Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Estimating health care–associated infections and deaths in U.S. hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
Scott R. The direct medical costs of health care–associated infections in U.S. hospitals and the benefits of prevention. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/pdfs/hai/Scott_CostPaper.pdf. Accessed November 21, 2013.
- Clinical and economic outcomes attributable to health care–associated sepsis and pneumonia.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 347-353
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) report, data summary for 2010, device-associated module.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 798-816
- A compendium of strategies to prevent healthcare-associated infections in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: S12-S21
- The 100,000 lives campaign: setting a goal and a deadline for improving health care quality.JAMA. 2006; 295: 324-327
- An intervention to decrease catheter-related bloodstream infections in the ICU.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2725-2732
- Central line bundle implementation in US intensive care units and impact on bloodstream infections.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e15452
- Impact of the ventilator bundle on ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care unit.Int J Qual Health Care. 2011; 23: 538-544
- Reduction of catheter-related bloodstream infections through the use of a central venous line bundle: epidemiologic and economic consequences.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 640-646
- A multifaceted intervention for quality improvement in a network of intensive care units: a cluster randomized trial.JAMA. 2011; 305: 363-372
US Department of Health and Human Services. National action plan to prevent healthcare-associated infections: national targets and metrics. Available from: http://www.hhs.gov/ash/initiatives/hai/nationaltargets/index.html. Accessed September 9, 2013.
- Long-term survival and healthcare utilization outcomes attributable to sepsis and pneumonia.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 432
- State of infection prevention in US hospitals enrolled in the National Health and Safety Network.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 94-99
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. United States life tables. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/life_tables.htm#life. Accessed September 10, 2013.
- The business case for quality: economic analysis of the Michigan Keystone Patient Safety Program in ICUs.Am J Med Qual. 2011; 26: 333-339
- National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) system report, data summary from January 1992 through June 2004, issued October 2004.Am J Infect Control. 2004; 32: 470-485
- National Healthcare Safety Network report, data summary for 2011, device-associated module.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 286-300
- Reduction in central line-associated bloodstream infections among patients in intensive care units—Pennsylvania, April 2001–March 2005.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 1013-1016
- Using claims data to examine mortality trends following hospitalization for heart attack in Medicare.Health Serv Res. 2003; 38: 1253-1262
- Refinements to the diagnostic cost group (DCG) model.Inquiry. 1995; 32: 418-429
- Comparison of the predictive validity of diagnosis-based risk adjusters for clinical outcomes.Med Care. 2005; 43: 61-67
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center. Cost-effectiveness analysis registry. Available from: https://research.tufts-nemc.org/cear4. Accessed September 10, 2013.
- Recommendations of the Panel on Cost-Effectivenss in Health and Medicine.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1253-1258
- Consolidated health economic evaluation reporting standards (CHEERS)–explanation and elaboration: a report of the ISPOR Health Economic Evaluation Publication Guidelines Good Reporting Practices Task Force.Value Health. 2013; 16: 231-250
- Cost-effectiveness of antiseptic-impregnated central venous catheters for the prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infection.JAMA. 1999; 282: 554-560
- Cost-effectiveness of a central venous catheter care bundle.PLoS One. 2010; 5: e12815
- Variations in identification of healthcare-associated infections.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 678-686
- Does medicare have an implicit cost-effectiveness threshold?.Med Decis Making. 2010; 30: E14-E27
- Cost-effectiveness of pioglitazone in type 2 diabetes patients with a history of macrovascular disease: a German perspective.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2009; 7: 9
- Economic evaluation of high-dose (80 mg/day) atorvastatin treatment compared with standard-dose (20 mg/day to 40 mg/day) simvastatin treatment in Canada based on the Incremental Decrease in End-Points Through Aggressive Lipid-Lowering (IDEAL) trial.Can J Cardiol. 2009; 25: e362-e369
This study was funded by the National Institute of Nursing Research ( R01NR010107 ). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of Nursing Research.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.