Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Modeling the risk from Giardia and viruses in drinking water.J Am Water Works Assoc. 1991; 83: 76-84
- Linking microbiological criteria for foods with quantitative risk assessment.J Food Saf. 1995; 15: 121-132
- Prioritizing risks and uncertainties from intentional release of selected category A pathogens.PLoS ONE. 2012; 7: e32732
- Setting risk-informed environmental standards for Bacillus anthracis spores.Risk Anal. 2010; 30: 1602-1622
- Spread and prevention of some common viral infections in community facilities and domestic homes.J Appl Microbiol. 2001; 91: 7-21
- Detection of viruses and body fluids which may contain viruses in the domestic environment.Epidemiol Infect. 1998; 121: 673-680
- Institutional outbreaks of rotavirus diarrhoea: potential role of fomites and environmental surfaces as vehicles for virus transmission.J Hyg (Lond). 1986; 96: 277-289
- Detection of viruses on fomites.in: Gerba Goyal Methods in environmental virology. Marcel Dekker, New York [NY]1982: 179-220
- Transmission dynamics of enteric bacteria in day care centers.Am J Epidemiol. 1983; 118: 562-572
- Transmission of viral respiratory infections in the home.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2000; 19: S97-102
- Possible transmission by fomites of respiratory syncytial virus.J Infect Dis. 1980; 141: 98-102
- Serratia marcescens transmission in a pediatric intensive care unit: a multifactorial occurrence.Am J Infect Control. 2001; 29: 115-119
- An investigation of the possible transmission of Rhinovirus colds through indirect contact.J Hyg (Lond). 1975; 75: 249-258
- Occurrence of bacteria and biochemical markers on public surfaces.Int J Environ Health Res. 2005; 15: 225-234
- Effects of cleaning and disinfection in reducing the spread of Norovirus contamination via environmental surfaces.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 58: 42-49
- Lessons from a nursing home outbreak of influenza A.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1995; 16: 275-280
- The occurrence of influenza A virus on household and day care center fomites.J Infect. 2005; 51: 103-109
- Prevalence of rotavirus on high-risk fomites in day-care facilities.Pediatrics. 1993; 92: 202-205
- Nosocomial spread of viral disease.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2001; 14: 528-546
- Computer keyboards and faucet handles as reservoirs of nosocomial pathogens in the intensive care unit.Am J Infect Control. 2000; 28: 465-471
- Occurrence of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and other enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli in the environment.Environ Sci Technol. 2006; 40: 7141-7149
- Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli infection and antibodies against Stx2 and Stx1 in household contacts of children with enteropathic hemolytic-uremic syndrome.J Clin Microbiol. 2002; 40: 1773-1782
- Haemolytic uraemic syndrome and E coli O157.Br Med J. 1999; 318: 684-685
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Investigation update: multistate outbreak of listeriosis linked to whole cantaloupes from Jensen Farms, Colorado. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/listeria/outbreaks/cantaloupes-jensen-farms/index.html. Accessed June 28, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Norovirus. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/. Accessed June 28, 2013.
- Norovirus disease in the United States.Emerg Infect Dis. 2013; 19: 1198-1205
CAMRAwiki. Case study: norovirus in drinking water. Available from: http://qmrawiki.msu.edu/index.php?title=Case_Study%3A_Norovirus_in_Drinking_Water. Accessed June 14, 2013.
- Contact lens–related microbial keratitis: how have epidemiology and genetics helped us with pathogenesis and prophylaxis?.Eye (London). 2012; 26: 185-193
- Contact lens–related microbial keratitis: what can epidemiologic studies tell us?.Eye Contact Lens. 2003; 29: S85-S89
- Vital signs: incidence and trends of infection with pathogens transmitted commonly through food—Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network, 10 US sites, 1996–2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 749-755
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/mrsa/. Accessed June 28, 2013.
- Invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in the United States.JAMA. 2007; 298: 1763-1771
- An investigation of microbial contamination in the home.J Hyg (Lond). 1982; 89: 279-293
- Comparative surface-to-hand and fingertip-to-mouth transfer efficiency of gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, and phage.J Appl Microbiol. 2002; 93: 585-592
- Bacteriological survey of used cellulose sponges and cotton dishclothes from domestic kitchens.Dairy Food Environ Sanit. 1997; 17: 20-24
- Identity and numbers of bacteria present on tabletops and in dishcloths used to wipe down tabletops in public restaurants and bars.Food Prot Trends. 2006; 26: 3
- A critical evaluation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and other bacteria of medical interest on commonly touched household surfaces in relation to household demographics.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 447-453
- A study quantifying the hand-to-face contact rate and its potential application to predicting respiratory tract infection.J Occup Environ Hyg. 2008; 5: 347-352
- Dose response for infection by Escherichia coli O157:H7 from outbreak data.Risk Anal. 2004; 24: 401-407
- A risk assessment framework for the evaluation of skin infections and the potential impact of antibacterial soap washing.Am J Infect Control. 1999; 27: S26-33
- Listeria species in domestic environments.Epidemiol Infect. 1996; 117: 437-442
- Survey on the Listeria contamination of ready-to-eat food products and household environments in Vienna, Austria.Zoonoses Public Health. 2007; 54: 16-22
- Detection, enumeration and isolation of strains carrying the stx2 gene from urban sewage.Water Sci Technol. 2003; 47: 109-116
- The survival and transfer of microbial contamination via cloths, hands and utensils.J Appl Bacteriol. 1990; 68: 271-278
- Risk modeling of human viruses on fomites and the impact of a healthy workplace intervention.In preparation for Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;
Conflict of interest: None to report.