Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
VHA Directive 2007-002 MRSA Initiative. Accessed January 12, 2007.
- Veterans affairs initiative to prevent methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1419-1430
- The role of “colonization pressure” in the spread of vancomycin-resistant enterococci: an important infection control variable.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 1127-1132
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens associated with healthcare-associated infections: annual summary of data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2006-2007.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 996-1011
- Regional dissemination of vancomycin-resistant enterococci resulting from interfacility transfer of colonized patients.J Infect Dis. 1999; 180: 391-396
- Systematic review of measurement and adjustment for colonization pressure in studies of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus, and Clostridium difficile acquisition.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 481-489
- The role of the intestinal tract as a reservoir and source for transmission of nosocomial pathogens.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 219-226
- Improving efficiency in active surveillance for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus at hospital admission.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1230-1235
- Control of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus in health care facilities in a region.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1427-1433
This material is based on work supported by NRI 03-068 from the Health Services Research and Development Service of the VA Office of Research and Development. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
Conflict of interest: None to report.