Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: S3-S40
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings. Recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force. Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America/Association for Professionals in Infection Control/Infectious Diseases Society of America.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2002; 51 (quiz CE1-4): 1-45
- SHEA/APIC Guideline: infection prevention and control in the long-term care facility.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 504-535
- A randomized trial of soap and water hand wash versus alcohol hand rub for removal of Clostridium difficile spores from hands of patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 204-206
- Contamination of hands with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus after contact with environmental surfaces and after contact with the skin of colonized patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 185-187
- Patient-centered hand hygiene: the next step in infection prevention.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: S11-S17
- Hand hygiene: what about our patients.Br J Infect Control. 2008; 9: 19-24
- Patient hand hygiene: a clinical inquiry.Nurs Times. 1983; 79: 24-25
- Patient hand hygiene practices in surgical patients.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 487-491
- Systematic patients' hand disinfection: impact on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection rates in a community hospital.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 75: 269-272
Funding/support: This work was supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Potential conflicts of interest: Dr. Donskey has received research grants from GOJO, STERIS, 3M, and Ecolab and has served on scientific advisory boards for 3M. All other authors report no conflicts of interest relevant to this article.