- •Vaccination coverage among health care students is reviewed.
- •Unsatisfactory vaccination rates were found.
- •Significant association between age, sex, socioeconomic status, and vaccination coverage was found.
- •Health care students stated: Vaccinations are absolutely or in part necessary (97%).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The state of measles and rubella in the WHO European Region, 2013.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014; 20: 12-18
- Recommendations of the standing committee on vaccination (STIKO) at the Robert Koch Institute/Effective: August 2013.Epidemiol Bull. 2013; 34: 1-33
- Attitudes toward mandatory occupational vaccinations and vaccination coverage against vaccine-preventable diseases of health care workers in primary health care centers.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 66-70
- [Vaccinations among students in health care professions].Pflege Z. 2011; 64 ([German]): 740-743
- Current vaccination status of health-care personnel in Brandenburg, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt.Gesundheitswesen. 2008; 70: 408-414
- Vaccine coverage of healthcare students in hospitals of the Paris region in 2009: the Studyvax Survey.Vaccine. 2013; 31: 2835-2838
- [Vaccinations in medical and dental students].Gesundheitswesen. 2000; 62 ([German]): 654-659
- [Vaccination coverage in German adults: results of the German Health Interview and Examination Survey for Adults (DEGS1)].Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz. 2013; 56: 845-847
- The family affluence scale as a measure of national wealth: validation of an adolescent self-report measure.Soc Indic Res. 2006; 78: 473-487
- [National health survey. Alcohol–consumption patterns in Germany].([German]) Robert-Koch-Institut, Berlin2003
Conflicts of interest: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
Author contributions: Analysis and interpretation of data and drafting of the article: Mäding, Münch, and Jacob. Acquisition of data and critical revision of its intellectual content: von Lindeman. Design and critical revision of its intellectual content: Klewer and Kugler.
Other information: All authors approved the final version.