Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Clinical and economic consequences of ventilator-associated pneumonia: a systemic review.Crit Care Med. 2005; 33: 2184-2193
- Epidemiology and outcomes of ventilator-associated pneumonia in a large US database.Chest. 2002; 122: 2115-2121
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia and mortality: a systematic review of observational studies.Crit Care Med. 2009; 37: 2709-2718
- A comparison of ventilator-associated pneumonia rates as identified according to the National Healthcare Safety Network and American College of Chest Physicians criteria.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 281-284
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia as a quality indicator for patient safety?.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 557-563
- AAST Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia Investigators. Ventilator-associated pneumonia rates at major trauma centers compared with a national benchmark: a multi-institutional study of the AAST.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 72: 1165-1173
- Interobserver variability in ventilator-associated pneumonia surveillance.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 237-239
- Clinical diagnosis of ventilator associated pneumonia revisited: comparative validation using immediate post-mortem lung biopsies.Thorax. 1999; 54: 867-873
- Eight initiatives that misleading lower ventilator-associated pneumonia rates.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 408-410
- Ventilator-Associated Event Protocol.CDC, Atlanta2013 (Available from:)Accessed May 3, 2014)
- Improving surveillance definitions for ventilator-associated pneumonia in an era of public reporting and performance measurement.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 54: 378-380
- Complication of mechanical ventilation: the CDC's new surveillance paradigm.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1472-1475
- Prevalence and test characteristics of National Health Safety Network ventilator-associated events.Crit Care Med. 2014; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Electronic implementation of a novel surveillance paradigm for ventilator-associated events. Feasibility and validation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014; 189: 947-955
- Descriptive epidemiology and attributable morbidity of ventilator-associated events.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 502-510
- A prospective evaluation of ventilator-associated conditions and infection-related Ventilator-associated conditions.Chest. 2014; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.14-0544
- The clinical impact and preventability of ventilator-associated conditions in critically ill patients who are mechanically ventilated.Chest. 2013; 144: 1453-1460
- Multicenter evaluation of a novel surveillance paradigm for complications of mechanical ventilation.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e18062
HCC and CMC contributed equally to this work.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.