Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The role played by contaminated surfaces in the transmission of nosocomial pathogens.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 687-699
- Reduction in acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococcus after enforcement of routine environmental cleaning measures.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 42: 1552-1560
- Environmental cleaning intervention and risk of acquiring multidrug-resistant organisms from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 491-494
- An evaluation of environmental decontamination with hydrogen peroxide vapor for reducing the risk of patient acquisition of multidrug-resistant organisms.Clin Infect Dis. 2013; 56: 27-35
- Aspects of microbiological monitoring for nonsterile and sterile manufacturing environments.Pharm Technol. 1979; 3: 47-51
Guh A, Carling P, Environmental Evaluation Workgroup. Options for evaluating environmental cleaning. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/pdfs/toolkits/Environ-Cleaning-Eval-Toolkit12-2-2010.pdf. Accessed October 6, 2014.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of hospital cleaning practices by use of an adenosine triphosphate bioluminescence assay.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 678-684
- Finding a benchmark for monitoring hospital cleaniness.J Hosp Infect. 2011; 77: 25-30
- Direct feedback with ATP luminometer as a process improvement tool for terminal cleaning of patient rooms.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 195-197
- Impact of adenosine triphosphate detection and feedback on hospital room cleaning.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 564-569
- Evaluation of two organosilane products for sustained antimicrobial activity on high touch surfaces in patient rooms.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 326-328
Previous presentations: This study was presented in part at the 2014 Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology Annual Educational Conference, Anaheim, CA June 7, 2014.
Disclaimer: The results, statements, and commentary in this article are the expressed opinions of the authors.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.