- •Ebola readiness requires complex tasks that are best assigned to specific persons.
- •Tasks are optimally assigned to individuals with specialized skills.
- •A leadership team is a model for Ebola readiness.
- •A modified incident command structure is a framework for Ebola response.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Ebola then and now.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 1663-1666
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2014 Ebola Outbreak in West Africa - Case Counts. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/case-counts.html. Accessed February 18, 2015.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guidance on Personal Protective Equipment to be used by Healthcare Workers During Management of Patients with Ebola Virus Disease in U.S. Hospitals, Including Procedures for Putting on (Donning) and Removing (Doffing). October 20, 2014. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/healthcare-us/ppe/guidance.html. Accessed February 18, 2015.
- The Nebraska biocontainment patient care Unit.in: Richmond J.Y. Anthology of biosafety: IX Exploring the Performance Envelope for BSL-3 and BSL-4 Laboratories. American Biological Safety Association, Mundelein, IL1999
- Designing a biocontainment unit to care for patients with serious communicable diseases: a consensus statement.Biosecur Bioterror. 2006; 4: 351-365
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential Ebola Virus Exposure: 2014. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/monitoring-and-movement.pdf. Accessed February 18, 2015.
California Emergency Medical Services Authority. Disaster Medical Services Division - Hospital Incident Command System 2006. Available from: http://www.emsa.ca.gov/hospital_incident_command_system_instruction_sheets. Accessed February 18, 2015.
- Preparing for critical care services to patients with ebola.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 831-832
- Safe management of patients with serious communicable diseases: Recent experience with ebola virus.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 829-830
- Considerations for safe EMS transport of patients infected with Ebola virus.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014 Nov 7; (Epub ahead of print)
- Nebraska biocontainment Unit Perspective on disposal of ebola medical waste. American Journal of infection control.. 2014; 42: 1256-1257
- Safety considerations in the laboratory testing of specimens Suspected or known to Contain ebola virus.Am J Clin Pathol. 2014; 143: 4-5
- An integrated approach to laboratory testing for patients with ebola virus disease.Lab Med. 2014; 45: e146-e151
- Caring for patients with ebola: a Challenge in any care facility.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 68-69
Conflicts of interest: None to report.