Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Development of surfactants and builders in detergent formulations.Chin J Chem Engin. 2008; 16: 517-527
- epic3: national evidence-based guidelines for preventing healthcare-associated infections in NHS hospitals in England.J Hosp Infect. 2014; 86: 1-70
- How long do nosocomial pathogens persist on inanimate surfaces? A systematic review.BMC Infect Dis. 2006; 6: 130
- Survival of microorganisms on inanimate surfaces.in: Borkow G. Use of Biocidal Surfaces for Reduction of Healthcare Acquired Infections. Springer International Publishing, 2014: 7-26
- Best practice in healthcare environment decontamination.Eur J Infect Control Infect Dis. 2014; 34: 1-11
- The role of contaminated surfaces in the transmission of nosocomial pathogens.in: Borkow G. Use of Biocidal Surfaces for Reduction of Healthcare Acquired Infections. Springer International Publishing, 2014: 27-58
- Spread of bacteria on surfaces when cleaning with microfibre cloths.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 71: 132-137
- A laboratory evaluation of the decontamination properties of microfibre cloths.J Hosp Infect. 2006; 64: 379-385
- Removing bacteria from hospital surfaces: a laboratory comparison of ultramicrofibre and standard cloths.J Hosp Infect. 2008; 70: 265-271
- Efficacy of “sporicidal” wipes against Clostridium difficile.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 212-218
- Transfer of Clostridium difficile spores by nonsporicidal wipes and improperly used hypochlorite wipes: practice + product = perfection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 441-442
- Evaluation of a new hydrogen peroxide wipe disinfectant.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 521-523
- The development of a new three-step protocol to determine the efficacy of disinfectant wipes on surfaces contaminated with Staphylococcus aureus.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 67: 329-335
- Limitations of the efficacy of surface disinfection in the healthcare setting.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 570-573
- Efficacy of sporicidal wipes for inactivation of a Bacillus anthracis surrogate.J Appl Microbiol. 2014; 117: 1634-1644
- Evaluation of a disinfectant wipe Intervention on Fomite-to-Finger microbial transfer.Appl Environ Microbiol. 2014; 80: 3113-3118
- Clospore: a liquid medium for producing high titers of semi-purified spores of Clostridium difficile.J AOAC Int. 2011; 94: 618-626
- Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity in the medical area. Test method and requirements (phase 2, step 1).Comité Européen de Normalisation, Brussels, Belgium2007
- The effect of cationic microbicide exposure against Burkholderia cepacia complex (Bcc); the use of Burkholderia lata strain 383 as a model bacterium.J Appl Microbiol. 2013; 115: 1117-1126
- Survival of bacteria under dry conditions; from a viewpoint of nosocomial infection.J Hosp Infect. 1991; 19: 191-200
- Desiccation tolerance of prokaryotes: application of principles to human cells.Integr Comp Biol. 2005; 45: 800-809
- Survival of nosocomial pathogenic bacteria at ambient temperature.J Med. 1995; 27: 293-302
- Survival of nosocomial bacteria and spores on surfaces and inactivation by hydrogen peroxide vapor.J Clin Microbiol. 2009; 47: 205-207
- Assessing the efficacy of different microfibre cloths at removing surface micro-organisms associated with healthcare-associated infections.J Hosp Infect. 2011; 78: 182-186
- Residual viral and bacterial contamination of surfaces after cleaning and disinfection.Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012; 78: 7769-7775
- The crucial role of wiping in decontamination of high-touch environmental surfaces: review of current status and directions for the future.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S97-S104
- Decreased activity of commercially available disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium compounds when exposed to cotton towels.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 908-911
- Proteomic and genomic characterization of highly infectious Clostridium difficile 630 spores.J Bacteriol. 2009; 191: 5377-5386
- RCN Guidance on the selection and use of dicinfectant wipes.Royal College of Nursing, London2011
- Copper surfaces reduce the rate of healthcare-acquired infections in the intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 479-486
HS is the recipient of a knowledge transfer partnership with Cardiff University and GAMA Healthcare, London, England. J-YM has provided consultative services to PDI, Aberystwyth, Wales; GAMA Healthcare, City, Country; Vernacare, Bolton, England; and other wipe manufacturers via Cardiff University.
This study was solely funded by Cardiff University and was not funded by any wipe manufacturers.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.