Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Clostridium difficile--more difficult than ever.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1932-1940
- Burden of Clostridium difficile infection in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 825-834
- Economic healthcare costs of Clostridium difficile infection: a systematic review.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 74: 309-318
- Prior environmental contamination increases the risk of acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 678-685
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- Evaluation of hospital room assignment and acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 201-206
- Risk of acquiring carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae from bed contact in a long-term acute care hospital.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: S30-S31
- Terminal cleaning of hospital bed mattresses and bedecks does not eliminate bacterial contamination.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: E23-E24
- Environmental contamination due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).J Hosp Infect. 1998; 38: 67-69
- Role of environmental cleaning in controlling an outbreak of Acinetobacter baumannii on a neurosurgical intensive care unit.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 106-110
- A bacteriological study of hospital beds before and after disinfection with phenolic disinfectant.Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2000; 7: 179-184
- Tackling contamination of the hospital environment by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): a comparison between conventional terminal cleaning and hydrogen peroxide vapour decontamination.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 57: 31-37
- Mattresses as reservoirs of epidemic methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.Lancet. 1991; 337: 488
- Investigation of hospital infection from a damaged mattress and the demonstration of its mechanism.Burns Incl Therm Inj. 1982; 8: 408-413
- Gentamicin-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection from mattresses in a burns unit.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1981; 283: 219-220
- The Journal of Infection Control Nursing. Is it safe to lie down in hospital?.Nurs Times. 1988; 84: 63-65
- The contribution of beds to healthcare-associated infection: the importance of adequate decontamination.J Hosp Infect. 2008; 69: 8-23
- Multiresistant Enterobacter cloacae outbreak in an intensive care unit associated with therapeutic beds.Crit Care. 2006; 10: 405
- Pathogen transfer and high variability in pathogen removal by detergent wipes.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 724-728
U.S Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Damaged or worn covers for medical bed mattresses pose risk of contamination and patient infection: FDA safety communication. Available from: http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm348016.htm. Accessed August 3, 2014.
- A randomized trial to evaluate a launderable bed protection system for hospital beds.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2012; 1: 1-7
- Multidrug-resistant organism & Clostridium difficile infection (MDRO/CDI) module.2015 (Available from:)Accessed March 3, 2015)
- Cleaning practices for hospital mattresses in top US adult hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e43
- Intrinsic bacterial burden associated with intensive care unit hospital beds: effects of disinfection on population recovery and mitigation of potential infection risk.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 907-912
- Burden of Clostridium difficile on the healthcare system.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 55: S88-S92
Funding/Support: This project was supported by an Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award, NIH / NCRR (grant no. 8UL1-TR000077 ).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.