Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- CDC/NHSN surveillance definition of health care–associated infection and criteria for specific types of infections in the acute care setting.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 309-332
- An increasing threat in hospitals: multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2007; 5: 939-951
- Estimating health care–associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
- Breaking the bloodstream infection connection: utilizing a swab containing chlorhexidine gluconate (3.15%) and isopropyl alcohol (70%), Chlorascrub.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e145
- Assessing the relative burden of hospital-acquired infections in a network of community hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 1229-1230
- Role of hospital surfaces in the transmission of emerging health care–associated pathogens: norovirus, Clostridium difficile, and Acinetobacter species.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: S25-S33
- Improving healthcare environmental cleaning and disinfection: current and evolving issues.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 507-513
- Control of health care–associated infections, 1961-2011.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011; 60: 58-63
- Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet radiation device for decontamination of Clostridium difficile and other healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms.BMC Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 197
- Solar ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in aquatic organisms: potential environmental impact.Mutat Res. 2005; 571: 221-233
- The effects of ultraviolet radiation on antibiotic-resistant bacteria in vitro.Ostomy Wound Manage. 1998; 44: 50-56
- Spores of Bacillus subtilis: their resistance to and killing by radiation, heat, and chemicals.J Appl Microbiol. 2006; 101: 514-525
- Prevalence of and risk factors for hospital-acquired infections in Slovenia: results of the first national survey, 2001.J Hosp Infect. 2003; 54: 149-157
- Post-admission glucose levels are associated with healthcare-associated bloodstream infections and pneumonia in hospitalized patients with diabetes.J Diabet Complications. 2012; 26: 517-521
- Risk factors for hospital-acquired urinary tract infection in a large English teaching hospital: a case-control study.Infection. 1999; 27: 192-197
Conflict of interest: N.A.N. reports that at the time of this writing, he is an employee of Hollywood Community Hospital at Brotman Medical Center (HCH/BMC). N.A.N. is not a shareholder, officer, or employee of Clean Sweep Group Inc. W.T. reports that he received funding from Clean Sweep Group Inc. W.T.'s sole responsibility is statistical analysis of epidemiology data from the HCH/BMC pilot study. He is not a shareholder, officer, or full-time employee of Clean Sweep Group Inc or HCH/BMC. The funding body played no role in study design, data collection (data were based on computer records), data analysis and interpretation, writing of the report, or the decision to submit the manuscript for publication. T.M. reports no conflicts of interest.