Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Strategies to prevent surgical site infections in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: S51-S61
- Adverse clinical and economic outcomes attributable to methicillin resistance among patients with Staphylococcus aureus surgical site infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 36: 592-598
- The impact of surgical-site infections in the 1990s: attributable mortality, excess length of hospitalization, and extra costs.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1999; 20: 725-730
- Containment devices for reusable medical device sterilization. ANSI/AAMI ST77.Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, Arlington [VA]2013
- A new standard for sterility testing for autoclaved surgical trays.J Hosp Infect. 1992; 21: 253-260
- Hygienic-microbiological and technical testing of sterilizer container systems.Zentr Steril. 1999; 7 (in German): 154-162
- Measurement of the microbial barrier effectiveness of sterilization containers in terms of the log reduction value for prevention of nosocomial infections.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 285-289
- Test to determine sterile integrity of wrapped medical products at a probability of recontamination of 1:1,000,000.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 367-371
- Determination of the efficacy of sterile barrier systems against microbial challenges during transport and storage.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 179-183
- Preliminary results for a new final package test to assess the quality of sterile package systems.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 26-29
- NHSN annual update: antimicrobial-resistant pathogens associated with healthcare-associated infections: annual summary of data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2006-2007.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 996-1011
- Staphylococcus, Micrococcus, and other catalase-positive cocci.in: Murray P.R. Baron E.J. Jorgensen J.H. Landry M.L. Pfaller M.A. Manual of clinical microbiology. 9th ed. ASM Press, Washington [DC]2007: 390-404
- Comprehensive guide to steam sterilization and sterility assurance in health care facilities. ANSI/AAMI ST79.Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, Arlington [VA]2013
- Connor R. Perioperative standards and recommended practices for inpatient and ambulatory settings. Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses, Denver [CO]2014
- Microbiological contamination of hospital air: I. Quantitative studies.Appl Microbiol. 1962; 10: 561-566
This work was created in the performance of a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with the Department of the Air Force. The Government of the United States has certain rights to use this work.
This research was funded by Halyard Health (formerly Kimberly-Clark Healthcare).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.