Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Risk factors in the acquisition of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase Klebsiella pneumoniae: a case-control study in a district teaching hospital in Taiwan.J Hosp Infect. 2003; 53: 39-45
- Evaluation of risk factors for the acquisition of bloodstream infections with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella species in the intensive care unit; antibiotic management and clinical outcome.J Hosp Infect. 2008; 68: 108-115
- Bad bugs, no drugs: no ESKAPE! An update from the Infectious Diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 48: 1-12
- Clinical impact and risk factors for colonization with extended-spectrum ß-lactamase–producing bacteria in the intensive care unit.Intensive Care Med. 2012; 38: 1769-1778
- Patient-to-patient transmission is important in extended-spectrum ß-lactamase–producing Klebsiella pneumoniae acquisition.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: 1347-1350
- Rate of transmission of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing Enterobacteriaceae without contact isolation.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 55: 1505-1511
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae: risk factors for infection and impact of resistance on outcomes.Clin Infect Dis. 2001; 32: 1162-1171
- The efficacy of infection control interventions in reducing the incidence of extended-spectrum ß-lactamase–producing Enterobacteriaceae in the nonoutbreak setting: a systematic review.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 599-601
- Impact of restriction of third-generation cephalosporins on the burden of third-generation cephalosporin-resistant K. pneumoniae and E. coli in an ICU.Intensive Care Med. 2009; 35: 862-870
- The impact of antimicrobial drug consumption and alcohol-based hand rub use on the emergence and spread of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing strains: a time-series analysis.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009; 63: 609-614
- Extended broad-spectrum beta-lactamases conferring transferable resistance to newer beta-lactam agents in Enterobacteriaceae: hospital prevalence and susceptibility patterns.Rev Infect Dis. 1988; 10: 867-878
- Impact of infection control interventions and antibiotic use on hospital MRSA: a multivariate interrupted time-series analysis.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2007; 30: 169-176
- Segmented regression analysis of interrupted time series studies in medication use research.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2002; 27: 299-309
- Effects of reducing beta-lactam antibiotic pressure on intestinal colonization of antibiotic-resistant gram-negative bacteria.Intensive Care Med. 2010; 36: 512-519
- Variability of intestinal colonization with third-generation cephalosporin-resistant Enterobacteriaceae and antibiotic use in intensive care units.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012; 67: 1525-1536
- Random amplified polymorphic DNA and plasmid analyses used in investigation of an outbreak of multiresistant Klebsiella pneumoniae.J Clin Microbiol. 1995; 33: 713-717
- Contaminated sinks in intensive care units: an underestimated source of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing Enterobacteriaceae in the patient environment.J Hosp Infect. 2013; 85: 106-111
- Environmental contamination with extended-spectrum beta-lactamases: is there any difference between Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp?.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 845-848
- Hospital environmental contamination with Enterobacteriaceae producing extended-spectrum beta-lactamase.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 664-665
- Outbreak of Enterobacter cloacae related to understaffing, overcrowding, and poor hygiene practices.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1999; 20: 598-603
- Epidemiology meets econometrics: using time-series analysis to observe the impact of bed occupancy rates on the spread of multidrug-resistant bacteria.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 76: 108-113
- Understaffing, overcrowding, inappropriate nurse:ventilated patient ratio, and nosocomial infections: which parameter is the best reflection of deficits?.J Hosp Infect. 2012; 80: 133-139
- Is hand-rub consumption correlated with hand hygiene and rate of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing Enterobacteriaceae (ESBL-PE)-acquired infections?.J Hosp Infect. 2012; 80: 348-350
- Clinical variables associated with the isolation of Klebsiella pneumoniae expressing different extended-spectrum beta-lactamases.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2007; 13: 532-538
- Statistical analysis and application of quasi experiments to antimicrobial resistance intervention studies.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 45: 901-907
A.B. and V.C. contributed equally to this work.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.