Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The role played by contaminated surfaces in the transmission of nosocomial pathogens.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 687-699
- The role of the surface environment in healthcare-associated infections.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2013; 26: 338-344
- Environmental cleaning intervention and risk of acquiring multidrug-resistant organisms from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 491-494
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- Evaluation of hospital room assignment and acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 201-206
- Prior environmental contamination increases the risk of acquisition of vancomycin-resistant enterococci.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 46: 678-685
- Risk of acquiring multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacilli from prior room occupants in the intensive care unit.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011; 17: 1201-1208
- Room decontamination with UV radiation.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1025-1029
- Evaluation of an automated ultraviolet radiation device for decontamination of Clostridium difficile and other healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms.BMC Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 197
- Comparison of the microbiological efficacy of hydrogen peroxide vapor and ultraviolet light processes for room decontamination.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 507-512
- Decontamination of targeted pathogens from patient rooms using an automated ultraviolet-C-emitting device.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 466-471
- Evaluation of a pulsed-xenon ultraviolet room disinfection device for impact on contamination levels of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 187
- Room decontamination using an ultraviolet-C device with short ultraviolet exposure time.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 1070-1072
- An evaluation of the AbTox Plazlyte Sterilization System.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1997; 18: 646-653
- Applications of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation disinfection in health care facilities: effective adjunct, but not stand-alone technology.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38(Suppl): S13-24
- Can hospital computers be disinfected using a hand-held UV light source?.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 72: 92-94
- An environmental disinfection odyssey: evaluation of sequential interventions to improve disinfection of Clostridium difficile isolation rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 459-465
- Survival of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) on naturally contaminated dry mops.J Hosp Infect. 1996; 34: 145-149
- Does organic material on hospital surfaces reduce the effectiveness of hypochlorite and UV radiation for disinfection of Clostridium difficile?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 1106-1108
- Sorting through the wealth of options: comparative evaluation of two ultraviolet disinfection systems.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e107444
- Usability engineering.Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (CA)1993
- Using usability heuristics to evaluate patient safety of medical devices.J Biomed Inform. 2003; 36: 23-30
- A guide to task analysis.Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton (FL)1992
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
Funding/support: Supported by the University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital Foundation . Steriliz (Rochester, NY) and Lumalier Corp—Tru-D LLC (Memphis, TN) provided in-kind funding; neither had input into the design, analysis or writing of this study.