- •There were 25 catheter-associated urinary tract infections identified over 24 months in a large urban children's hospital.
- •Most catheter-associated urinary tract infections (88%) occurred in the intensive care units.
- •Electronic surveillance for catheter-associated urinary tract infections in children proved accurate.
- Pathogen incidence and antibiotic resistance patterns of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in children.J Chemother. 2009; 21: 661-665
- Device-associated infections rates in pediatrics and neonatal intensive care units in El Salvador: findings of the INICC.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2011; 5: 445-451
- The impact of a quality improvement intervention to reduce nosocomial infections in a PICU.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013; 14: 525-532
- Device-associated infection rates in adult and pediatric intensive care units of hospitals in Egypt. International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC) findings.J Infect Public Health. 2012; 5: 394-402
- Findings of the International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC), Part I: effectiveness of a multidimensional infection control approach on catheter-associated urinary tract infection rates in pediatric intensive care units of 6 developing countries.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 696-703
- Reducing catheter-associated urinary tract infections: a quality-improvement initiative.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e857-64
- Frequently Asked Questions: Urinary Tract Infection (Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection [CAUTI] and Non-Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection [UTI]) and Other Urinary System Infection [USI]) Events.(Available from:)Accessed January 24, 2016)
- A comprehensive decision support system for the identification, monitoring and management of patients with multi-drug resistant organisms (MDRO).AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008; 1218
Funding/Support: Dr Zachariah is supported by the training grant “Training in Pediatric Infectious Diseases” ( National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases T32AI007531 ).
Conflicts of Interest: None to report.