- •Evaluation of MMR vaccination on the epidemiological pattern of mumps.
- •A sero-survey was conducted among Apulian blood donors in 2012.
- •93.4% (95% CI = 92.1-94.5) showed a positive anti-Mumps IgG titre.
- •10% of people aged 18-26 years (target of vaccination strategy) was susceptible for mumps.
- •Research must be focused on the long time immunogenicity of mumps vaccine.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Spotlight on measles in Italy: why outbreaks of a vaccine-preventable infection continue in the 21st century.Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2015; 13: 355-362
- [The national Plan for the eradication of measles and congenital rubella].Epidemiol Prev. 2004; 28: 7-8
- Lower long-term immunogenicity of mumps component after MMR vaccine.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010; 29: 1062-1063
- Mumps outbreak among vaccinated university students associated with a large party, the Netherlands, 2010.Vaccine. 2012; 30: 4676-4680
- Ongoing mumps outbreak in a student population with high vaccination coverage, Netherlands, 2010.Euro Surveill. 2010; 15 (pii: 19554)
- Prevalence of childhood exanthematic disease antibodies in paramedical students: need of vaccination.Vaccine. 2006; 24: 171-176
- Further efforts in the achievement of congenital rubella syndrome/rubella elimination.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015; 11: 220-224
- Available from:)Accessed January, 2 2016) (
- Assessing mumps outbreak risk in highly vaccinated populations using spatial seroprevalence data.Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 179: 1006-1017
- Mumps outbreak in Israel's highly vaccinated society: are two doses enough?.Epidemiol Infect. 2012; 140: 439-446
Conflicts of Interest: None to report.