Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Antimicrobial stewardship.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2011; 25: 245-260
- Interventions to improve antibiotic prescribing practices for hospital inpatients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; (CD003543)
- The impact of an antimicrobial stewardship programme on the use of antimicrobials and the evolution of drug resistance.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015; 34: 247-251
- Antibiotic stewardship ward rounds and a dedicated prescription chart reduce antibiotic consumption and pharmacy costs without affecting inpatient mortality or re-admission rates.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e79747)
- Reconstruction of nonunion tibial fractures in war-wounded Iraqi civilians, 2006-2008: better late than never.J Orthop Trauma. 2012; 26: e76-82
- Multidrug-resistant chronic osteomyelitis complicating war injury in Iraqi civilians.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 252-254
- Antimicrobial drug-resistant bacteria isolated from Syrian war-injured patients, August 2011-March 2013.Emerg Infect Dis. 2014; 20: 1949-1951
- Core elements of hospital antibiotic stewardship programs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 59: S97-100
Conflicts of Interest: None to report.
Additional Information: The protocols of the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Amman surgical project were approved within the framework of a formal agreement between MSF, the Jordanian Red Crescent, and the Jordanian Ministry of Health. The present study involved the analysis of data collected for monitoring and evaluation and therefore satisfied the criteria for reports using routinely collected programmatic data, set by the MSF independent Ethics Review Board in Geneva, Switzerland.