- •UTI prevalence and antimicrobial use among Finnish HC clients is lower compared to Finnish long-term care residents (8% vs. 16%, respectively).
- •Antimicrobials are mostly prescribed for UTI prophylaxis.
- •After validating RAI-MDS data, the tool has a potential to act as a surveillance system and to improve the quality of care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Urinary tract infections in older adults residing in long-term care facilities.Ann Longterm Care. 2012; 20: 33-38
- The prevalence of infections and patient risk factors in home health care: a systematic review.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 479-484
- Infections in long-term care populations in the United States.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 342-349
- Assessing prevalence of antimicrobial use and infections using the minimal data set in Finnish long-term care facilities.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: e35-7
- Prevalence of hospital-acquired infections in a home care setting.J Hosp Infect. 2005; 59: 148-151
- Comprehensive clinical assessment in community settings: applicability of the MDS-HC.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 1017-1024
- Antibiotic use in the care home setting: a retrospective cohort study analysing routine data.BMC Geriatr. 2015; 15: 71
- Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance in Europe 2011.(Annual Report of the European Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance Network (EARS-Net). Stockholm: ECDC; Available from:)http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications/antimicrobial-resistance-surveillance-europe-2011.pdf(Accessed April 30, 2016)Date: 2012
- The Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC).(Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections 2009. Atlanta; Available from:)Accessed April 30, 2016)
Conflicts of Interest: None to report.