Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- National strategy for combating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.(Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- National action plan for combating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.(Available from:)http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/national_action_plan_for_combating_antibotic-resistant_bacteria.pdf(Accessed January 6, 2016)Date: 2015
- Executive Order 13676: Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria; 184, 56931-56935; Available from:)https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/09/18/executive-order-combating-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria(Accessed January 6, 2016)Date: 2014 (
- The evolving threat of antimicrobial resistance: options for action.(WHO Publ. 1-119; Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Antimicrobial resistance: global report on surveillance 2014.(Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Antimicrobial resistance draft global action plan on antimicrobial resistance.(1-19; Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Antibiotic resistance threats.(Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Report to the President on Combating Antibiotic Resistance.(Available from:)https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/PCAST/pcast_carb_report_sept2014.pdf(Accessed January 6, 2016)Date: 2014
- Task letter: combating antibiotic-resistant bacteria.(United States Department of Health and Human Services; Available from:)http://www.hhs.gov/ash/advisory-committees/paccarb/meetings/upcoming-meetings/june-21-22-2016-public-meeting/index.html(Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Initial assessments of the National Action Plan for Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria.(March; Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Tackling drug-resistant infections globally: final report and recommendations.(The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance. May; Available from:)Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Response to: evaluation of the national Clean your hands campaign to reduce Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia and Clostridium difficile infection in hospitals in England and Wales by improved hand hygiene: four year, prospective, ecological, interrupted time series study.BMJ. 2012; 344: e3005
- Epidemiology and Pathogenesis of C. difficile and MRSA in the light of current NHS control policies: a policy review.Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2012; 1: 39-43
- A perspective on the principles of integrity in infectious disease research.J Patient Saf. 2016; 12: 57-62
Conflicts of interest: KTK has received partial conference attendance and meeting support from the US Department of Health and Human Services, National Quality Forum, National Patient Safety Foundation, and Consumer Union. He has served on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' Technical Expert Panel for Hospital Acquired Conditions, was recently appointed to a Strategic Working Group of the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality for quality indicators and is an associate editor for Journal of Patient Safety. He has a first-degree relative who is involved with the development of a cancer therapeutic agent.