- Seasonal influenza vaccination among Chinese health care workers.Am J Infect Control. 2016; (Sep 21. [Epub ahead of print])
- Sleep and antibody response to hepatitis B vaccination.Sleep. 2012; 35: 1063-1069
- Effect of sleep deprivation on response to immunization.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1471-1472
- Nurses working on fast rotating shifts overestimate cognitive function and the capacity of maintaining wakefulness during the daytime after a rotating shift.Sleep Med. 2013; 14: 605-613
- Deterioration of neurobehavioral performance in resident physicians during repeated exposure to extended duration work shifts.Sleep. 2012; 35: 1137-1146
- Effects of work-related sleep restriction on acute physiological and psychological stress responses and their interactions: A review among emergency service personnel.Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2015; 28: 183-208
- Immune, inflammatory and cardiovascular consequences of sleep restriction and recovery.Sleep Med Rev. 2012; 16: 137-149
- Shift work: coping with the biological clock.Occup Med (Lond). 2010; 60: 10-20
- Melatonin and brain inflammaging.Prog Neurobiol. 2015; 127-128: 46-63
- Cortisol-induced immune suppression by a blockade of lymphocyte egress in traumatic brain injury.J Neuroinflammation. 2016; 13: 197
- Obstructive sleep apnea as a potential confounding factor in atherosclerosis in the Asian population.J Neurol Sci. 2014; 346: 333-334
- Paradoxical sleep deprivation: neurochemical, hormonal and behavioral alterations. Evidence from 30 years of research.An Acad Bras Cienc. 2009; 81: 521-538
- Obesity and respiratory hospitalizations during influenza seasons in Ontario, Canada: a cohort study.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 53: 413-421
Supported by grants from Associação Fundo de Incentivo à Pesquisa , Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior , and Conselho Nacional de Pesquisa .
HH, MLA, and ST have received Conselho Nacional de Pesquisa fellowships.
All authors read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.