- •Uncertainty about vaccination safety and efficacy for pregnant women is a health issue.
- •Gap between physicians' knowledge about recommendations and implementation.
- •Some health care workers have fears and concerns about vaccine efficacy and safety.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Regulatory issues for maternal immunization.(Office of Vaccines Research & Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, NVAC: Silver Spring, MD)2014
- Influenza and tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccinations during pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2012; 67: 251-257
- Prevention of pertussis, tetanus, and diphtheria among pregnant and postpartum women and their infants recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 1-51
- FDA pregnancy categories.(Available from)Accessed November 26, 2016)
- Influenza and pertussis vaccination coverage in pregnant women.Vaccine. 2015; 33: 2125-2131
- Pertussis and influenza vaccination among insured pregnant women—Wisconsin, 2013-2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 746-750
- Strategies to help patients understand risks.BMJ. 2003; 327: 745-748
- Affect, risk, and decision making.Health Psychol. 2005; 24: S35-40
- The views of scientific experts on how the public conceptualize uncertainty.J Risk Res. 2003; 6: 75-85
- Influenza vaccine and healthcare workers.Arch Med Res. 2011; 42: 652-657
- Influenza vaccination amongst hospital health care workers in Beijing.Occup Med (Lond). 2010; 60: 335-339
- Barriers to influenza vaccine acceptance. A survey of physicians and nurses.Am J Infect Control. 1989; 17: 202-207
- Nurses' attitudes and beliefs about influenza and the influenza vaccine: a summary of focus groups in Alabama and Michigan.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 20-24
- Vaccine attitudes and practices among obstetric providers in New York State following the recommendation for pertussis vaccination during pregnancy.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2015; 11: 713-718
Funding/support: Part of this research was conducted with funding from the European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement Action plan on Science in Society related issues in Epidemics and Total pandemics ( 612236 ).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.