- •Nursing students do not receive enough education about ventilator-associated pneumonia in their schools.
- •Ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention guidelines courses are effective in expanding students' knowledge.
- •Integrating ventilator-associated pneumonia education in nursing curricula improves knowledge of future nurses.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Use of ventilator bundle and staff education to decrease ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care patients.Crit Care Nurse. 2016; 36: e1-7
- A systematic approach for developing a ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention bundle.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 652-656
- Impact of colistin-initiation delay on mortality of ventilator-associated pneumonia caused by A. baumannii.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016; 10: 1129-1134
- Infection control practices among intensive care unit registered nurses: a Jordanian national study.Nurs Crit Care. 2014; 21: e20-7
- Knowledge of evidence-based guidelines in ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention.J Evid Based Med. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1111/jebm.12188
- Knowledge and performance level of infection control guidelines on indwelling urinary catheter, central venous catheter and ventilator among intensive care nurses.J Korea Acad Industr Coop Soc. 2016; 17: 113-120
- Guidelines for preventing health-care-associated pneumonia, 2003: recommendations of the CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.Respir Care. 2004; 49: 926-939
- How to guide: prevent ventilator associated pneumonia.Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Cambridge (MA)2012
- Guidelines for the management of adults with hospital-acquired, ventilator-associated, and healthcare-associated pneumonia.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171: 388-416
- Compliance of nursing students with infection prevention precautions: effectiveness of a teaching program.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 332-336
Funding/support: Supported by a grant from Al albayt University, Mafraq, Jordan (8243/2016).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.