Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Role of hand hygiene in healthcare-associated infection prevention.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 73: 305-315
- A compendium of strategies to prevent healthcare-associated infections in acute care hospitals: 2014 updates.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35(Suppl): S21-31
- Effectiveness of barrier precautions and surveillance cultures to control transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms: a systematic review of the literature.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 484-494
- A prospective study to determine whether cover gowns in addition to gloves decrease nosocomial transmission of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in an intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 424-428
- A review of the evidence for suboptimal compliance of healthcare practitioners to standard/universal infection control precautions.J Clin Nurs. 2008; 17: 157-167
- Preventing transmission of MRSA: a qualitative study of health care workers' attitudes and suggestions.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 405-411
- Factors influencing nurses' compliance with Standard Precautions in order to avoid occupational exposure to microorganisms: a focus group study.BMC Nurs. 2011; 10: 1
- The effect of contact precautions on healthcare worker activity in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 69-73
- Care of children isolated for infection control: a prospective observational cohort study.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e411-5
- Contact isolation in surgical patients: a barrier to care?.Surgery. 2003; 134: 180-188
Funding/support: This work was supported by the VHA National Center for Patient Safety Center of Inquiry United States Department of Veterans Affairs and by grant number R18HS024039 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality . A.K.B. was supported as a predoctoral trainee under NIH grant TL1TR000429 , administered by the Clinical and Translational Science Award program funded by the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences grant UL1TR000427 .
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not represent the views of the funding agencies.