Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Multistate point-prevalence survey of health care-associated infections.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1198-1208
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), data and statistics page.(Available from:)https://www.cdc.gov/hai/surveillance/(Accessed November 8, 2016)Date: 2016
- Overview: Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction Program.(Available from:)https://www.qualitynet.org/dcs/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=QnetPublic%2FPage%2FQnetTier2&cid=1228774189166(Accessed November 8, 2016)Date: 2016
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program (HACRP).(Available from:)https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/AcuteInpatientPPS/HAC-Reduction-Program.html(Accessed November 8, 2016)Date: 2016
- Closing the quality gap: revisiting the state of the science (vol. 6: prevention of healthcare-associated infections).Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2012; 208: 1-578
- The direct medical costs of healthcare-associated infections in U.S. hospitals and the benefits of prevention.(Publication No. CS200891; Available from:)Accessed July 7. 2017)
- HAC-POA policy effects on hospitals, other payers, and patients.Medicare Medicaid Res Rev. 2014; 4
- Chief nursing officers' perspectives on Medicare's hospital-acquired conditions non-payment policy: implications for policy design and implementation.Implement Sci. 2012; 7: 78
- The Lowbury lecture: behaviour in infection control.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 58: 1-13
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation science.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 50
- The Seattle virus watch. V. Epidemiologic observations of rhinovirus infections, 1965-1969, in families with young children.Am J Epidemiol. 1975; 101: 122-143
- Towards changing healthcare workers' behaviour: a qualitative study exploring non-compliance through appraisals of infection prevention and control practices.J Hosp Infect. 2015; 90: 126-134
- Staff compliance with infection control practices: application of behavioural sciences.J Hosp Infect. 1995; 30: 107-115
- A survey of doctors' and nurses' knowledge, attitudes and compliance with infection control guidelines in Birmingham teaching hospitals.J Hosp Infect. 2003; 54: 68-73
- The importance of leadership in preventing healthcare-associated infection: results of a multisite qualitative study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 901-907
- P168: Leadership styles of ward head nurses and implementation success–a qualitative inquiry in the framework of a mixed-method study on hand hygiene promotion through patient involvement.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2013; 2: 168
- Developing leadership capacity for guideline use: a pilot cluster randomized control trial.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2013; 10: 51-65
- Leadership and organizational change for implementation (LOCI): a randomized mixed method pilot study of a leadership and organization development intervention for evidence-based practice implementation.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 11
Funding/support: N.S. is supported by a Veterans Affairs-funded patient safety center and an R18 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (R18HS024039 to R18).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.