Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Multistate point-prevalence survey of health care-associated infections.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 1198-1208
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.(Available from:)http://www.cdc.gov/hai/surveillance/(Accessed March 2, 2016)Date: 2016
- Health care–associated infections a meta-analysis of costs and financial impact on the US health care system.JAMA. 2013; 173: 2039-2046
- Half hospitals penalized for hospital-acquired conditions are repeat offenders.(Modern Healthcare. Website; Available from:)Accessed September 27, 2016)
- Risk of acquiring antibiotic-resistant bacteria from prior room occupants.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1945-1951
- Environmental contamination makes an important contribution to hospital infection.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 65: 50-54
- Role of hospital surfaces in the transmission of emerging health care associated pathogens: norovirus, Clostridium difficile, and Acinetobacter species.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: S25-S33
- The role played by contaminated surfaces in the transmission of nosocomial pathogens.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 687-699
- Evidence that contaminated surfaces contribute to the transmission of hospital pathogens and an overview of strategies to address contaminated surfaces in hospital settings.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S6-11
- Role of the environment in the transmission of Clostridium difficile in health care facilities.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S105-S110
- How long do nosocomial pathogens persist on inanimate surfaces? A systematic review.BMC Infect Dis. 2006; 6: 130
- Intrinsic bacterial burden associated with intensive care unit hospital beds: effects of disinfection on population recovery and mitigation of potential infection risk.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 907-912
- Rapid recontamination with MRSA of the environment of an intensive care unit after decontamination with hydrogen peroxide vapour.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 66: 360-368
- In vitro evaluation of a novel process for reducing bacterial contamination of environmental surfaces.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 483-487
- Evaluation and quantitative microbial risk assessment of a unique antimicrobial agent for hospital surface treatment.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 1201-1207
- Guideline for disinfection and sterilization in healthcare facilities.(Available from:)Accessed March 2, 2016; Published 2008)
- Guideline for hand hygiene in health-care settings: recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.MMWR. 2002; 51: 1-48
Financial support was provided by HealthCure, LLC, Ann Arbor, MI ( ME 15 0030 ).