- •Infection control knowledge necessary to minimize disease transmission in shelters.
- •Red Cross personnel exhibit moderate infection control knowledge.
- •Recently-deployed personnel identified greater infection control training needs.
- •Overview of infection control principles needed for shelter workers on-site.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Red cross provided more meals, relief items, and emergency shelter stays than previous two years combined. American Red Cross,
2016 (Updated)http://www.redcross.org/news/press-release/2016-Red-Cross-Provided-More-Meals-Relief-Items-and-Emergency-Shelter-Stays-than-Previous-Two-Years-CombinedDate accessed: June 21, 2017
- Challenges to implementing communicable disease surveillance in New York City evacuation shelters after hurricane Sandy, November 2012.Public Health Rep. 2015; 130: 48-53
- Impact of a hurricane shelter viral gastroenteritis outbreak on a responding medical team.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2015; 30: 355-358
- Disaster preparedness lessons learned and future directions for education: results from focus groups conducted at the 2006 APIC Conference.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 374-381
- Lessons public health professionals learned from past disasters.Public Health Nurs. 2008; 25: 344-352
- Infection control and hurricane Katrina: what nurses can learn in the aftermath of disaster.Am J Nurs. 2006; 106: 29-31
- Feeding handbook. Disaster services program guidance: mass care feeding.2008
- Infection control knowledge, attitudes, and practices among healthcare workers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 1289-1296
- Tools for evaluation and feedback: hand hygiene knowledge questionnaire. Questionnaire.World Health Organization, 2009
Conflicts of interest: None to report.