Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
- Guideline for disinfection and sterilization in healthcare facilities.(the; Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC); Available from:)http://www.cdc.gov/hicpac/pdfDate: 2008Date accessed: May 1, 2017
- Self-disinfecting surfaces: review of current methodologies and future prospects.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S31-S35
- Copper continuously limits the concentration of bacteria resident on bed rails within the intensive care unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 530-533
- Hand hygiene compliance rates in the United States—a one-year multicenter collaborative using product/volume usage measurement and feedback.Am J Med Qual. 2009; 24: 205-213
- Contamination of hands with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus after contact with environmental surfaces and after contact with the skin of colonized patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 185-187
- Environmental contamination due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus possible infection control implications.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1997; 18: 622-627
- evaluation of hospital room assignment and acquisition of Clostridium difficile infection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 201-206
- Risk of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection after previous infection or colonization.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 36: 281-285
- Transfer of vancomycin-resistant enterococci via health care worker hands.Arch Intern Med. 2005; 165: 302-307
- Are hygiene standards useful in assessing infection risk?.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 381-384
- How do we assess hospital cleaning? A proposal for microbiological standards for surface hygiene in hospitals.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 10-15
- Use of audit tools to evaluate the efficacy of cleaning systems in hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 181-187
- Role of copper in reducing hospital environment contamination.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 74: 72-77
- Antimicrobial efficacy of copper touch surfaces in reducing environmental bioburden in a South African community healthcare facility.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 74: 80-82
- Survival of bacteria on metallic copper surfaces in a hospital trial.Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010; 87: 1875-1879
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial properties of copper surfaces in an outpatient infectious disease practice.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 200-201
- Monometallic and Ag/Cu bimetallic nanoparticle–graphene composites with enhanced antibacterial performance.ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016; 8: 27498-27510
Product used in this study and funding for microbiologic evaluation were supported by Aionx Inc, Hershey, PA.
Conflicts of interest: TF and DW are financially supported by Aionx Inc, Hershey, PA.