- •Evaluated N95 respirator behaviors in nurses providing simulated isolation care.
- •Video recordings were reviewed and scored.
- •Detailed scoring will guide improved training for N95 respirator use.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Hospital respiratory protection program Toolkit: Resources for respirator program administrators.(Available from:)https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3767.pdfDate: 2015Date accessed: July 7, 2017
- Respiratory protection policies and practices among the health care workforce exposed to influenza in New York State: evaluating emergency preparedness for the next pandemic.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 240-245
- Hospital respiratory protection practices in 6 U.S. states: a public health evaluation study.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 63-71
- Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings 2007.(Available from:)https://www.cdc.gov/hai/prevent/ppe.htmlDate: 2007Date accessed: July 21, 2017
- Method for investigating nursing behaviors related to isolation care.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 1152-1156
- Clinical challenges in isolation care: researchers reflect on safe and not-so-safe practices of nurses at the bedside.Am J Nurs. 2015; 115: 44-49
- Preventing the soldiers of health care from becoming victims on the pandemic battlefield: respirators or surgical masks as the armor of choice.Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2009; 3: S203-S210
- Surgical mask vs N95 respirator for preventing influenza among health care workers: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1865-1871
Conflicts of interest: None to report.