Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The third international consensus definitions for sepsis and septic shock (sepsis-3).JAMA. 2016; 315: 801-810
- Assessment of global incidence and mortality of hospital-treated sepsis. current estimates and limitations.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016; 193: 259-272
- Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of sepsis and septic shock: 2016.Intensive Care Med. 2017; 43: 304-377
- WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in health care: first global patient safety challenge: clean care is safer care.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2009
- Guidelines on core components of infection prevention and control programmes at the national and acute health care facility level.World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2016
- SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands WHO's Global Annual Campaign Advocacy Toolkit.(Available from)http://www.who.int/gpsc/5may_advocacy-toolkit.pdf?ua=1Date accessed: January 31, 2018
Funding/support: Supported by the World Health Organization and Infection Control Programme & WHO Collaborating Centre on Patient Safety (SPCI/WCC) , and the University of Geneva Hospitals and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland ; hand hygiene research activities at the SPCI/WCC are supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation (grant no. 32003B_163262 ).
Disclaimer: The authors alone are responsible for the views expressed in this article and they do not necessarily represent the views, decisions, or policies of the institutions with which they are affiliated.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.