- Contamination of environmental surfaces by Staphylococcus aureus in a dermatological ward and its preventive measures.Biol Pharm Bull. 2005; 28 (Available from): 120-123http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15635175Date accessed: February 10, 2014
- The state of infection surveillance and control in Canadian acute care hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 266-273
- How long do nosocomial pathogens persist on inanimate surfaces? A systematic review.BMC Infect Dis. 2006; 6 (Available from): 130http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1564025&tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstractDate accessed: January 21, 2014
- A quantitative approach to defining “high-touch” surfaces in hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31 (Available from): 850-853http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20569115Date accessed: February 23, 2014
- Acquisition of nosocomial pathogens on hands after contact with environmental surfaces near hospitalized patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25 (Available from): 164-167http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14994944Date accessed: February 17, 2014
- Rate of contamination of hospital privacy curtains on a burns and plastic surgery ward: a cross-sectional study.J Hosp Infect. 2017; 96 (Available from)http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/28413115Date accessed: April 28, 2017
- Hospital Trends in Canada [Internet].(Ottawa, ON; Available from)https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/Hospital_Trends_in_Canada_e.pdfDate: 2005Date accessed: February 23, 2014
- How do we assess hospital cleaning? A proposal for microbiological standards for surface hygiene in hospitals.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 56: 10-15
- Contamination of environmental surfaces by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in rooms of inpatients with MRSA-positive body sites.Braz J Microbiol. 2016; 47: 703-705
Funding source: Support from for this work comes from the Firefighters Burn Fund (Manitoba), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Discovery grant (Grant no.: RGPIN/04922-2014 ) and Collaborative Health Research Projects (CHRP) Operating grant (Grant no.: CHRP 413713-2012 ).
Conflicts of interest: The authors report no conflict of interest relevant to this manuscript.