Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The promise of electronic case reporting.Public Health Rep. 2016; 131: 742-746
- Public health 3.0: a call to action to create a 21st century public health infrastructure.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington (DC)2016
- Decision support system for the response to infectious disease emergencies based on webgis and mobile services in China.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8 (e54842)
- Guideline for the prevention and control of norovirus gastroenteritis outbreaks in healthcare settings.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 939-969
- Norovirus disease in the United States.Emerg Infect Dis. 2013; 19: 1198-1205
- Acute gastroenteritis surveillance through the national outbreak reporting system, United States.Emerg Infect Dis. 2013; 19: 1305-1306
- Norovirus outbreak detection and management: guidance for long-term care facilities.Arizona Department of Health Services, Phoenix (AZ)2012
- Recommendations for the prevention and control of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in California long-term care facilities.California Department of Health Services, Richmond (CA)2006
- Investigation and management of outbreaks of known or suspected norovirus in health care and residential facilities.Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Denver (CO)2015
- Foodborne disease outbreak investigations: a practical guide for local health departments.Version 3. Connecticut Department of Public Health, Hartford (CT)2015
- Guidelines for norovirus prevention and control in long term care facilities.Delaware Health and Social Services, Dover (DE)2011
Georgia Department of Public Health. Recommendations for the control of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in long-term care facilities. Atlanta (GA): Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Guide to surveillance, investigations, and reporting.Iowa Department of Public Health, Des Moines (IA)2014
- Idaho investigative guidelines: norovirus.Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Boise (ID)2015
- Guideline for the prevention and control of viral acute gastroenteritis outbreaks in illinois long-term care facilities, 2012.Illinois Department of Public Health, Springfield (IL)2012
- Indiana epidemiology newsletter: norovirus outbreak prevention and control in long-term care settings.Indiana State Department of Health, Indianapolis (IN)2014
- Gastrointestinal virus infection control measures: healthcare facilities.Indiana State Department of Health, Indianapolis (IN)2014
- Norovirus outbreak response guide.(Revision 3) Kentucky Department for Public Health, Frankfort (KY)2014
- Norovirus infections.Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Baton Rouge (LA)2013
- Guidelines for the control of a suspected or confirmed outbreak of viral gastroenteritis in a long term care facility.Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals, Baton Rouge (LA)2010
- Gastrointestinal disease: infection control guidelines for long-term care facilities.Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston (MA)2009
- Norovirus & other caliciviruses.Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston (MA)2006
- Guidelines for the epidemiological investigation of gastroenteritis outbreaks in long term care facilities.Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore (MD)2001
- Norovirus outbreak guidance for long term care.Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Augusta (ME)2015
- Guidelines for the control of a suspected or confirmed outbreak of viral gastroenteritis in a nursing home.Michigan Department of Community Health, Lansing (MI)2015
- Norovirus investigations in long term care facilities: things to consider.Michigan Department of Community Health, Lansing (MI)2015
Minnesota Department of Health. Checklist for nursing homes/long term care facilities when outbreaks of gastroenteritis are suspected. St. Paul (MN): Minnesota Department of Health.
- Communicable disease investigation reference manual: outbreak investigation: acute gastroenteritis.Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Jefferson City (MO)2012
- Epidemiology manual: guidelines for surveillance reporting and control.Mississippi State Department of Health, Jackson (MS)2016
- Norovirus outbreak management and disease prevention guidelines: health care settings.Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, Helena (MT)2016
- Control of suspected norovirus outbreaks in long term care facilities.(N.C. Public Health Recommendations) North Carolina Division of Public Health, Raleigh (NC)2015
- What do I need to know? Norovirus in health-care facilities.North Dakota Department of Health, Bismarck (ND)2006
- Health alert network update: preventing and containing norovirus outbreaks.Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Lincoln (NE)2013
- NH DHHS health alert: increase in norovirus activity in New Hampshire.New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Concord (NH)2016
- Guidelines for the control of gastroenteritis outbreaks in long-term care and other institutional settings.New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Trenton (NJ)2011
New Mexico Department of Health. Norovirus in long term care facilities: outbreak checklist. Santa Fe (NM): New Mexico Department of Health.
- Norovirus management toolkit: outbreak preparedness & response.Version 1.1. Nevada State Health Division, Carson City (NV)2012
- Norovirus in skilled nursing facilities in Nevada.Nevada State Health Division, Carson City (NV)2012
- Recommendations for preventing and controlling viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in medical and residential care facilities.Nevada State Health Division, Carson City (NV)2009
- Health advisory: prevention and control of nosocomial gastrointestinal illness outbreaks.New York State Department of Health, Albany (NY)2006
- General infection prevention and control recommendations: residential and long-term care facilities.Ohio Department of Health, Columbus (OH)2012
- Public health fact sheet: norovirus infection control recommendations for healthcare, long-term care, and residential care settings.Oklahoma State Department of Health, Oklahoma City (OK)2011
- Norovirus outbreak detection and management: instruction for long-term care facilities.Oregon Health Authority, Portland (OR)2014
- Gastrointestinal illness cluster/outbreak investigation in a long-term care facility.Version 1. Rhode Island Department of Health, Providence (RI)2016
- Guidance: suspected norovirus outbreaks in institutional settings.South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Columbia (SC)2014
- Recommendations for the prevention and control of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in long-term care facilities.Tennessee Department of Health, Nashville (TN)2013
- The emerging and acute infectious disease guidelines: norovirus outbreaks.Texas Department of State Health Services, Austin (TX)2015
- Utah Public Health—disease investigation plans: norovirus (Norwalk-like virus).Utah Deparment of Health, Salt Lake City (UT)2010
- Norovirus prevention guidance for institutions/facilities.Virginia Department of Health, Richmond (VA)2013
- Office of epidemiology. Norovirus outbreaks.Virginia Department of Health, Richmond (VA)2014
- Health advisory: norovirus update.Vermont Department of Health, Burlington (VT)2012
- Recommendations for the prevention and control of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in Wisconsin long-term care facilities.Wisconsin Division of Public Health, Madison (WI)2009
West Virginia Bureau for Public Health. Guidelines for suspected norovirus outbreaks in healthcare facilities. Charleston (WV): Department of Health and Human Services.
Epidemiology Unit. Guidelines for the control of a suspected or confirmed outbreak of viral gastroenteritis in a nursing home or institution. Cheyenne (WY): Wyoming Department of Health.
- Prevention strategies for seasonal influenza in healthcare settings.(Available from:)http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/infectioncontrol/healthcaresettings.htmDate: 2016Date accessed: July 3, 2016
- Updated norovirus outbreak management and disease prevention guidelines.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1-15
- National Outbreak Reporting System (NORS) guidance.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta (GA)2017
- Measles.in: Rousch S.W. Baldy L.M. Manual for the surveillance of vaccine-preventable diseases. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta (GA)2008: 7-11
- American community survey. Annual estimates of the resident population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2016.(Available from:)https://factfinder.census.gov/Date: 2016Date accessed: July 1, 2017
- Epidemiology of Norwalk gastroenteritis and the role of Norwalk virus in outbreaks of acute nonbacterial gastroenteritis.Ann Intern Med. 1982; 96: 756-761
Conflicts of interest: None declared.