Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 1-34
- Vital signs: central line-associated blood stream infections—United States, 2001, 2008, and 2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 243-248
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Fiscal year (FY) 2016 results for the CMS Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HAC) Reduction Program. Available from: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/fiscal-year-fy-2016-results-cms-hospital-acquired-conditions-hac-reduction-program. Accessed August 14, 2018.
- Prevention of vascular catheter-related bloodstream infections.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2016; 30: 853-868
- Central line-associated bloodstream infection reduction and bundle compliance in intensive care units: a national study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 805-810
- Agile implementation: a blueprint for implementing evidence-based healthcare solutions.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 1372-1376
- The Indiana University Center for Healthcare Innovation and Implementation Science: bridging healthcare research and delivery to build a learning healthcare system.Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes. 2015; 109: 138-143
- Case study research: the view from complexity science.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 669-685
- The challenge of supporting care for dementia in primary care.Clin Interv Aging. 2007; 2: 631-636
- Understanding practice from the ground up.J Fam Pract. 2001; 50: 881-887
- Lessons learned about implementing research evidence into clinical practice. Experiences from VA QUERI.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 21-24
- Strategies to prevent central line-associated bloodstream infections in acute care hospitals: 2014 update.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 753-771
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) overview.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Washington, DC2016
- The NHSN standardized infection ratio (SIR): A guide to the SIR.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Washington, DC2017
- Selecting a change and evaluating its impact on the performance of a complex adaptive health care delivery system.Clin Interv Aging. 2010; 5: 141-148
- Leveraging insights from behavioral economics to increase the value of health-care service provision.J Gen Intern Med. 2012; 27: 1544-1547
- The Michigan Appropriateness Guide for Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC): results from a multispecialty panel using the RAND/UCLA Appropriateness Method.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 1-40
- Effect of daily chlorhexidine bathing on hospital-acquired infection.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 533-542
- A multicenter pragmatic interrupted time series analysis of chlorhexidine gluconate bathing in community hospital intensive care units.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 791-797
- Targeted versus universal decolonization to prevent ICU infection.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 2255-2265
- A multicenter quasi-experimental study: impact of a central line infection control program using auditing and performance feedback in five Belgian intensive care units.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2013; 2: 33
- Preventing central line-associated bloodstream infections: a qualitative study of management practices.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; 36: 557-563
- Central venous catheter dress rehearsals: translating simulation training to patient care and outcomes.Simul Healthc. 2013; 8: 341-349
Conflicts of interest: JA, KK, JD, YW, CB, LD, DW, ML, AK, RN, and MB are employees of Indiana University Health. AP, LS, and CAS report no conflicts of interest relevant to this article.