Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Health Care Infection Control Practices Advisory C. 2007 guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in health care settings.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 65-164
- Effect of detecting and isolating Clostridium difficile carriers at hospital admission on the incidence of C difficile infections: a quasi-experimental controlled study.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 796-804
- Behind barriers: patients’ perceptions of source isolation for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).Aust J Adv Nurs. 2010; 28: 53-59
- Adverse effects of contact isolation.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1177-1178
- Nosocomial pneumonia is not prevented by protective contact isolation in the surgical intensive care unit.Am Surg. 2001; 67: 1140-1144
- Do physicians examine patients in contact isolation less frequently? A brief report.Am J Infect Control. 2003; 31: 354-356
- Safety of patients isolated for infection control.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1899-1905
- The experience of infectious patients in isolation.Nurs Times. 1993; 89: 53-56
- The psychological impact of isolation.Nurs Times. 2003; 99: 54-55
- The effect of contact precautions on healthcare worker activity in acute care hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 69-73
- Contact precautions: more is not necessarily better.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 213-221
- Safe zone: taking the Red Box to the next step.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 80-81
- Improving isolation practice and compliance with a little Red Box.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 59-60
Butterfield S. Yet another use for duct tape. Available from: https://acphospitalist.org/archives/2011/09/success.htm. Accessed January 9, 2018.
- The feasibility of an infection control "safe zone" in a spinal cord injury unit.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 714-716
- The red box strategy: an innovative method to improve isolation precaution compliance and reduce costs.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: E208
- Adverse effects of isolation in hospitalised patients: a systematic review.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 76: 97-102
- Patient experience of source isolation: lessons for clinical practice.Contemp Nurse. 2011; 39: 180-193
- Effects of isolation on patients and staff.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 397-399
- Adverse outcomes associated with contact precautions: a review of the literature.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 85-93
- Mystery shoppers: an evaluation of their use in monitoring performance.TQM J. 2015; 27: 705-715
Previous presentation: Partial data from this study was presented in abstract form at the Infectious Diseases Society of America Annual Meeting, 2017 (Poster #422).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.