Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The time spent cleaning a hospital room does not correlate with the thoroughness of cleaning.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 100-102
Wood A, Conner R. Guideline for environmental cleaning. In: Conner R, editor.Guidelines for perioperative practice. Denver (CO): AORN Inc; 2018. p.7-28.
- Effect of automated ultraviolet C-emitting device on decontamination of hospital rooms with and without real-time observation of terminal room disinfection.Am J Infect Control. 2017; 45: 1208-1213
- Monitoring the effectiveness of hospital cleaning practices by use of an adenosine triphosphate bioluminescence assay.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 678-684
- Minimizing sources of airborne, aerosolized, and contact contaminants in the OR environment.AORN J. 2017; 106: 494-501
- Monitoring and improving the effectiveness of surface cleaning and disinfection.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: e69-e76
- Effectiveness of ultraviolet devices and hydrogen peroxide systems for terminalroom decontamination: focus on clinical trials.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: e77-e84
- Influence of a total joint infection control bundle on surgical site infection rates.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 239-241
- Influence of pulsed-xenon ultraviolet light-based environmental disinfection on surgical site infections.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: e99-101
- Implementation lessons learned from the benefits of enhanced terminal room (BETR) disinfection study: process and perceptions of enhanced disinfection with ultraviolet disinfection devices.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018; 39: 157-163
- Decontamination of targeted pathogens from patient rooms using an automated ultraviolet-C-emitting device.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 466-471
- Comparison of hospital room surface disinfection using a novel ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) generator.J Occup Environ Hyg. 2016; 13: 690-698
- Can pulsed xenon ultraviolet light systems disinfect aerobic bacteria in the absence of manual disinfection?.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 415-417
- Postdischarge decontamination of MRSA, VRE, and Clostridium difficile isolation rooms using 2 commercially available automated ultraviolet-C-emitting devices.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 416-420
- Environmental effectiveness of pulsed-xenon light in the operating room.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46: 1003-1008
- Enhanced terminal room disinfection and acquisition and infection caused by multidrug-resistant organisms and Clostridium difficile (the benefits of enhanced terminal room disinfection study): a cluster-randomised, multicentre, crossover study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 805-814
- No-touch disinfection methods to decrease multidrug-resistant organism infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018; 39: 20-31
- Determining high touch areas in the operating room with levels of contamination.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 1350-1355
- What orthopaedic operating room surfaces are contaminated with bioburden? A study using the ATP bioluminescence assay.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 1819-1824
- Decreasing operating room environmental pathogen contamination through improved cleaning practice.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 897-904
- Microbial surface contamination after standard operating room cleaning practices following surgical treatment of infection.Orthopedics. 2014; 37: e339-e344
- Ultraviolet-C light as a means of disinfecting anesthesia workstations.Am J Infect Control. 2017; 45: 1011-1013
- Room decontamination with UV radiation.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 1025-1029
- Evaluation of a pulsed xenon ultraviolet disinfection system to decrease bacterial contamination in operating rooms.BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 672
- Pulsed-xenon ultraviolet light disinfection in a burn unit: impact on environmental bioburden, multidrug-resistant organism acquisition and healthcare associated infections.Burns. 2017; 43: 388-396
Funding/support: This study was supported by Northwell Ventures.
PurpleSun Inc received grant support from Health 2.0 and New York City Economic Development Corporation.
Conflicts of interest: PurpleSun is a portfolio company of Northwell Ventures.
T.J.W. and V.P. are paid advisors to PurpleSun, and the fees will go to Weill Cornell Medicine.