Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
National Home Infusion Association. The NHIA industry-wide data initiative phase I: 2010 NHIA provider survey comprehensive aggregate analysis report. Available from: http://www.nhia.org/Data/phase1.cfm. Accessed September 30, 2018.
- The 2016 infusion therapy standards of practice. 2017; 35: 10-18
- Medical devices in home health care.(editor)in: Olsen S The role of human factors in home health care: workshop summary. National Academies Press, WashingtonDC)2010: 145-172
- Introduction.in: Olsen S The role of human factors in home health care: workshop summary. National Academies Press, WashingtonDC)2010: 3-7
- The human factors of home health care: a conceptual model for examining safety and quality concerns.J Patient Saf. 2009; 5: 229-236
- The health care challenge: matching care to people in their home environments.in: Olsen S The role of human factors in home health care: workshop summary. National Academies Press, WashingtonDC)2010: 73-116
- Characterizing the nature of home care work and occupational hazards: a developmental intervention study.Am J Ind Med. 2014; 57: 445-457
- A qualitative study of difficult nurse-patient encounters in home health care.ANS Adv Nurs Sci. 2017; 40: 168-183
- Systems ambiguity and guideline compliance: a qualitative study of how intensive care units follow evidence-based guidelines to reduce healthcare-associated infections.Qual Saf Health Care. 2008; 17: 351-359
- Human factors systems approach to healthcare quality and patient safety.Appl Ergon. 2014; 45: 14-25
- SEIPS 2.0: a human factors framework for studying and improving the work of healthcare professionals and patients.Ergonomics. 2013; 56: 1669-1686
- Identifying challenges associated with the care transition workflow from hospital to skilled home health care: perspectives of home health care agency providers.Home Health Care Serv Q. 2015; 34: 185-203
- Identifying and categorising patient safety hazards in cardiovascular operating rooms using an interdisciplinary approach: a multisite study.BMJ Qual Saf. 2012; 21: 810-818
- Using human factors engineering to improve patient safety in the cardiovascular operating room.Work. 2012; 41(Suppl): 1801-1804
- Using health care failure mode and effect analysis: the VA National Center for Patient Safety's prospective risk analysis system.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2002; 28: 248-267
- Contextual design: defining customer-centered systems.Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San FranciscoCA)1998
- Doing qualitative research.2nd ed. SAGE Publications, WashingtonDC)1999
- Environmental exposures and the risk of central venous catheter complications and readmissions in home infusion therapy patients.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017; 38: 68-75
- Qualitative content analysis in nursing research: concepts, procedures and measures to achieve trustworthiness.Nurse Educ Today. 2004; 24: 105-112
- Achieving saturation in thematic analysis: development and refinement of a codebook.Comprehensive Psychology. 2014; 3: 1-7
- Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy today.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 51: 198-208
Merwe S, Green H. What is the maximum temperature reached in elastomeric devices under simulated OPAT conditions? Arch Dis Child 2016;101:e2.
- Antibiotic stability related to temperature variations in elastomeric pumps used for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT).J Antimicrob Chemother. 2017; 72: 1462-1465
- Extended stability of antimicrobial agents in administration devices.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2017; 72: 1217-1220
- Safety risks among home infusion nurses and other home health care providers.J Infus Nurs. 2017; 40: 215-223
Mason M. Sample size and saturation in PhD studies using qualitative interviews. Available from: http://nbn-resolving.de/urn:nbn:de:0114-fqs100387. Accessed November 19, 2018.
- Validity, reliability, and generalizability in qualitative research.J Family Med Prim Care. 2015; 4: 324-327
Previous presentation: Portions of this data were presented as an oral abstract at the Spring Conference for the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, Portland, OR, April 20, 2018.
Funding/support: This work was supported by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (1K08HS025782-01 to S.C.K.) and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America Epi–Program (S.C.K).
Conflicts of interest: None to report.