- •Submitted abstracts were categorized as to reasons for rejection.
- •Most rejections (71.6%) were for failure to follow submission guidelines.
- •This study can improve abstract submissions for future meetings.
- •Attention to submission guidelines will provide a broader base of abstracts for scientific review.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC). Call for abstracts. Available from: https://ac2018.site.apic.org/files/2017/10/2018-Call-for-Abstracts-final_deadline-extension.pdf. Accessed July 19, 2018.
- Reasons reviewers reject and accept manuscripts: the strengths and weaknesses in medical education reports.Acad Med. 2001; 76: 889-896
- The top 10 reasons why manuscripts are not accepted for publication.Respir Care. 2004; 49: 1246-1252
- Publication rate of abstracts presented at the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery annual meetings: a five year study 2006-2010.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 43: 51
- Conference presentation to publication: a retrospective study evaluating quality of abstracts and journal articles in medical education research.BMC Medical Education. 2017; 17: 193
- Association between funding and quality of published medical education research.JAMA. 2007; 298: 1002-1009
Conflicts of interest: None to report.