Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Surgical Risk Preoperative Assessment System (SURPAS): I. Parsimonious, Clinically Meaningful Groups of Postoperative Complications by Factor Analysis.Ann Surg. 2016; 263: 1042-1048
- Identification of hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infections from Medicare claims: sensitivity and positive predictive value.Med Care. 2009; 47: 364-369
- A comparison of methods to detect urinary tract infections using electronic data.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 411-417
- Detection of healthcare-associated urinary tract infection in Swedish electronic health records.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2014; 207: 330-339
- Quality gaps in documenting urinary catheter use and infectious outcomes.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 793-799
- Accuracy of electronic surveillance of catheter-associated urinary tract infection at an academic medical center.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 685-691
- Natural Language Processing for Real-Time Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection Surveillance: Results of a Pilot Implementation Trial.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; 36: 1004-1010
- Detecting the presence of an indwelling urinary catheter and urinary symptoms in hospitalized patients using natural language processing.J Biomed Inform. 2017; 71: S39-S45
- Identification of surgical site infections using electronic health record data.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46: 1230-1235
- Transparent Reporting of a multivariable prediction model for Individual Prognosis or Diagnosis (TRIPOD): explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: W1-73
- Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net.J Royal Stat Soc Series B (Methodological). 2005; 67: 301-320
- Regularization Paths for Generalized Linear Models via Coordinate Descent.J Stat Software. 2010; 33: 1-22
- Index for rating diagnostic tests.Cancer. 1950; 3: 32-35
- pROC: an open-source package for R and S+ to analyze and compare ROC curves.BMC Bioinform. 2011; 12: 77
- Random Forests.Mach Learn. 2001; 45: 5-32
- Classification and Regression by randomForest.R News. 2002; 2: 18-22
- Clinical Prediction Models: A Practical Approach to Development, Validation, and Updating.Springer, New York (NY)2010
- Qualitative validation of the CAUTI Guide to Patient Safety assessment tool.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 1102-1109
- Reducing unnecessary urinary catheter use and other strategies to prevent catheter-associated urinary tract infection: an integrative review.BMJ Qual Saf. 2014; 23: 277-289
- Avoiding inappropriate urinary catheter use and catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI): a pre-post control intervention study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17: 314
- An electronic surveillance tool for catheter-associated urinary tract infection in intensive care units.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 592-599
- Electronic Surveillance For Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection Using Natural Language Processing.AMIA Symp. 2017; 2017: 1507-1516
- Using electronic medical records to increase the efficiency of catheter-associated urinary tract infection surveillance for National Health and Safety Network reporting.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: e33-e36
- Impact of a change in surveillance definition on performance assessment of a catheter-associated urinary tract infection prevention program at a tertiary care medical center.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46: 743-746
- A comparison of 2 surgical site infection monitoring systems.JAMA Surg. 2015; 150: 51-57
Funding/support: This project was supported by grant number R03HS026019 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. This study was also supported by a transformational research grant from the University of Colorado School of Medicine's Data-Science-to-Patient-Value initiative.
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.