Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Infections in VLBW infants: studies from the NICHD Neonatal Research Network.Semin Perinatol. 2003; 27: 293-301
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Neonatal Research Network, Neurodevelopmental and growth impairment among extremely low-birth-weight infants with neonatal infection.JAMA. 2004; 292: 2357-2365
- Israel Neonatal Network. Candidal versus bacterial late-onset sepsis in very low birthweight infants in Israel: a national survey.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 65: 237-243
- Clinical consequences of an immature barrier.Semin Neonatol. 2000; 5: 281-287
- Overview: the clinical perspective.J Nutr. 2000; 130: 417S-419S
- Early enteral feeding and nosocomial sepsis in very low birth weight infant.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2004; 89: 289-292
- Catheter-associated bloodstream infections in the NICU: getting to zero.Neonatal Netw. 2009; 28: 151-155
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Healthcare Safety Network. CDC/NHSN Surveillance Definitions for Specific Types of Infections. January 2017. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/pscmanual/17pscnosinfdef_current.pdf. Accessed February 22, 2019.
- Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections. The Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: e51
- Care bundles to reduce central line-associated bloodstream infections in neonatal unit: a systemic review and meta-analysis.Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2017; 0: F1-F8
- Importance of the environment and the faecal flora of infants, nursing staff and parents as sources of gram-negative bacteria colonizing newborns in three neonatal wards.Infection. 1992; 20: 253-257
- 3rd imple strategies to reduce healthcare associated infections in neonatal intensive care unit: line, tube, and hand hygiene.Clin Perinatal. 2010; 37: 645-653
- Impact of hand hygiene audit on hand hygiene compliance in a tertiary care public sector teaching hospital in south India.AJIC. 2017; 45: 498-501
- Reduction in central line-associated bloodstream infection rates after implantations of infection control measures at a level 3 neonatal intensive care unit.Am J Med Qual. 2016; 31: 133-138
- Systematic intervention to reduce central line-associated bloodstream infection rates in a pediatric cardiac intensive care unit.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 915-923
- Risk of infection using peripherally inserted central and umbilical catheters in preterm neonates.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 1073-1079
- Incidence and risk factors for catheter-associated bloodstream infections in neonatal intensive care.Acta Paediatr. 2013; 102 (e293-8)
- NICUS Network. Dwell time and risk of central-line-associated bloodstream infection in neonates.J Hosp Infect. 2017; 97: 267-274
O'Grady NP, Alexander M, Burns LA, Dellinger EP, Garland J, Heard SO, et al. Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52:e162-93.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.