- •Highest central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) rates in third quarter
- •Significant positive correlation of CLABSI incidence rate with precipitation.
- •No association of CLABSI incidence rate and other meteorological variables.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The influence of climatic factors on the development of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and leptospirosis during the peak season in Korea: an ecologic study.BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 406
- Influenza seasonality: underlying causes and modeling theories.J Virol. 2007; 81: 5429-5436
- Malaria mortality characterization and the relationship between malaria mortality and climate in Chimoio, Mozambique.Malar J. 2017; 16: 212
- Mycobacterium chimaera isolates from heater–cooler units, United Kingdom.Emerg Infect Dis. 2017; 23: 1227
- Heavy rainfall events and diarrhea incidence: the role of social and environmental factors.Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 179: 344-352
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Device-associated module BSI, bloodstream infection event (central line-associated bloodstream infection and noncentral line-associated bloodstream infection). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/pscmanual/4psc_clabscurrent.pdf; 2019. Accessed March 8, 2019.
- Seasonality of viral infections: mechanisms and unknowns.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012; 18: 946-954
- Increased rainfall is associated with increased risk for legionellosis.Epidemiol Infect. 2007; 135: 811-817
- Concentrations of Staphylococcus species in indoor air as associated with other bacteria, season, relative humidity, air change rate, and S. aureus-positive occupants.Environ Res. 2018; 160: 282-291
- Effect of meteorological factors and geographic location on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci colonization in the US.PloS One. 2017; 12e0178254
- Effectiveness of chlorhexidine bathing to reduce catheter-associated bloodstream infections in medical intensive care unit patients.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 2073-2079
- Prevention of hospital-acquired bloodstream infections through chlorhexidine gluconate-impregnated washcloth bathing in intensive care units: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised crossover trials.Euro Surveill. 2016; 21 (pii: 30400)
Conflicts of interest: None to report.