- •Public health officials can share information about foodborne illness on Twitter.
- •The public is concerned about foodborne Escherichia coli outbreaks.
- •The public has questions about sources and symptoms of E coli infections.
- •Twitter can be used to share information about food recalls and labeling.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Foodborne diseases active surveillance network (FoodNet). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/foodnet/reports/prelim-data-intro-2017.html. Accessed February 6, 2019.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Foodborne disease outbreak 2011 case definition. Available from: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/nndss/conditions/foodborne-disease-outbreak/case-definition/2011/. Accessed February 4, 2019.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. E. coli (Escherichia coli). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/index.html. Accessed February 4, 2019.
- The role of Shiga-toxin-producing Escherichia coli in hemorrhagic colitis and hemolytic uremic syndrome.Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2004; 15: 260-265
- Detecting themes of public concern: a text mining analysis of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Ebola live Twitter chat.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 1109-1111
- Identifying the public's concerns and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's reactions during a health crisis: an analysis of a Zika live Twitter chat.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 1709-1711
- A text-mining analysis of the public's reactions to the opioid crisis.Subst Abus. 2018; 39: 129-133
Council to Improve Foodborne Outbreak Response. Guidelines for foodborne disease outbreak response. Available from: http://cifor.us/products/guidelines. Accessed February 6, 2019.
NUVI. Available from: http://www.nuvi.com. Accessed January 10, 2019.
- Text mining and analysis: practical methods, examples, and case studies using SAS.SAS Institute, Cary (NC)2013
Conflicts of interest: None to report.