- •Clostridiodes Difficile environmental detection in long-term care facility.
- •Detection of Clostridiodes Difficile Spores using the Clostridiodes Banana Broth.
- •Environmental Contamination and Persistence of Clostidiodes Difficile Spores could unknowingly be passed to patients and staff.
- Antibiotic resistance threats in the United States.2013 (Available from:)Accessed September 5, 2019)
- From ward to washer: the survival of Clostridium difficile spores on hospital bed sheets through a commercial UK NHS healthcare laundry process.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2018; 39: 1406-1411
- Assessment of the overall and multidrug-resistant organism bioburden on environmental surfaces in healthcare facilities.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 1426-1432
- Reducing Clostridium difficile in the inpatient setting: a systematic review of the adherence to and effectiveness of C.difficile prevention bundles. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017; 38: 639-650
- Sensitive and selective culture medium for detection of environmental Clostridium difficile isolates without requirement for anaerobic culture conditions.J Clin Microbiol. 2014; 52: 3259-3263
Environmental Management Service. Sanitation Procedure Guide 2016. Dallas (TX): Department of Veteran Affairs; 2016:62-77.Available from: http://www.vaepssymposium.com/paperclip/speaker_management/16VEP/presentation_file_distribution/16301/2f8e1dda89e18eceee6f939c42c23195ea96cb3a.pdf. Accessed November 7, 2019.
- Colonization and succession of hospital-associated microbiota.Sci Transl Med. 2017; 9
- Seasonality of respiratory viruses and bacterial pathogens.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2019; 8: 125
This material is the result of work supported with resources and the use of facilities at the Fargo VA Health Care System. The contents do not represent the views of the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.