- •Two-step filtration is an excellent method to improve water safety for hemodialysis and likely other departments.
- •Water-borne pathogens are likely to form a biofilm that is once formed, is extremely difficult to eradicate.
- •High volume membrane filtration is a more accurate way than direct culture to identify water pathogens.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)ANSI/AAMI/ISO 11663. Quality of dialysis fluid for hemodialysis and related therapies.Product Code: DSBK15-S 2015.
- Hemodialysis and water quality.Semin Dial. 2013; 26: 427-438
- Water treatment for hemodialysis.Am J Nephrol. 1996; 16: 60-72
- Water treatment for hemodialysis–updated to include the latest AAMI standards for dialysate (RD52: 2004) continuing.Nephrol Nurs J. 2005; 32 (quiz 168-70): 151-167
- Disinfection of the hospital water supply: a hidden risk to dialysis patients.Crit Care. 2009; 13: 1007-1008
Mar Cor Purification MilleniumTM Reverse Osmosis Unit Operation and Maintenance Manual. Available at:http://www.mcpur.com/main/library/12_brochures/50090-888_(Cold_Sterilant_Brochure).pdf. Accessed December 8, 2019.
- Disposable bronchoscope model for simulating endoscopic reprocessing and surveillance cultures.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017; 38: 136-142
- Contamination of dialysis water and dialysate. A survey of 30 centers.ASAIO J. 1994; 40: 1012-1016
- Recurrent intravascular-catheter-related bacteremia caused by Delftia acidovorans in a hemodialysis patient.J Clin Microbiol. 2011; 49: 3418-3421
- A case of endocarditis of difficult diagnosis in dialysis: could "pest" friends be involved?.Clin Nephrol. 2009; 72: 405-409
- Microscopic and spectroscopic analyses of chlorhexidine tolerance in Delftia acidovorans biofilms.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014; 58: 5673-5686
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Steps of Investigating an Outbreak. 2016. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dsepd/ss1978/lesson6/section2.html. Accessed November 25, 2019.
- Contamination of a purified water system by Aspergillus fumigatus in a new endoscopy reprocessing unit.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 1337-1339