- •SARS-CoV-2 was detected from various surfaces surrounding COVID-19 patients.
- •Extensive viral contamination was found especially around an intubated patient.
- •Therefore, strict contact precaution is needed in managing COVID-19 patients.
- A novel coronavirus from patients with pneumonia in China, 2019.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 727-733
World Health Organization. WHO director-general's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 11 March 2020. Available at: https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19—11-march-2020. Accessed March 20, 2020.
- A familial cluster of pneumonia associated with the 2019 novel coronavirus indicating person-to-person transmission: a study of a family cluster.Lancet. 2020; 395: 514-523
- The epidemiological characteristics of an outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus diseases (COVID-19) in China.Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2020; 41: 145-151
- Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China.JAMA. 2020; 323: 1061-1069
World Health Organization. Infection prevention and control during health care when novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection is suspected. Available at:https://www.who.int/publications-detail/infection-prevention-and-control-during-health-care-when-novel-coronavirus-(ncov)-infection-is-suspected-20200125. Accessed March 20, 2020.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: 1420-1427
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: transmission, virology and therapeutic targeting to aid in outbreak control.Exp Mol Med. 2015; 47: e181
- Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their inactivation with biocidal agents.J Hosp Infect. 2020; 104: 246-251
- A rapid advice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infected pneumonia (standard version).Mil Med Res. 2020; 7: 4
Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS) 2: standardising the assessment of acute-illness severity in the NHS. In, 2017.
- Viral load kinetics of SARS-CoV-2 infection in first two patients in Korea.J Korean Med Sci. 2020; 35: e86
- Indirect virus transmission in cluster of COVID-19 cases, Wenzhou, China, 2020.Emerg Infect Dis. 2020; 26
- Air, surface environmental, and personal protective equipment contamination by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from a symptomatic patient.JAMA. 2020; 323: 1610-1612
- Comparison of high-flow nasal cannula versus oxygen face mask for environmental bacterial contamination in critically ill pneumonia patients: a randomized controlled crossover trial.J Hosp Infect. 2019; 101: 84-87
- Evidence of airborne transmission of the severe acute respiratory syndrome virus.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 1731-1739
- Extensive Viable Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) coronavirus contamination in air and surrounding environment in MERS isolation wards.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: 363-369
Conflicts of interest: The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Funding: No external funding was received.