- •Relationship of position between ACOL and operating bed is important.
- •FAW can be used safely in the OR with appropriate ACOL position.
- •ACOL is more important to reduce contamination than cleanliness ability of OR.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Perioperative normothermia to reduce the incidence of surgical-wound infection and shorten hospitalization. Study of Wound Infection and Temperature Group.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1209-1215
- Effects of preoperative warming on the incidence of wound infection after clean surgery: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2001; 358: 876-880
- Effects of forced air warming on airflow around the operating table.Anesthesiology. 2018; 128: 79-84
- Patient warming excess heat: the effects on orthopedic operating room ventilation performance.Anesth Analg. 2013; 117: 406-411
- Comparison of operating room air distribution systems using the environmental quality indicator method of dynamic simulated surgical procedures.Am J Infect Control. 2019; 47: e1-e6
- The effect of operating lights on laminar flow: an experimental study using neutrally buoyant helium bubbles.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99-B: 1061-1066
- Influence of the arrangement of surgical light axes on the air environment in operating rooms.J Healthc Eng. 2019; 20194861273
- Forced-air warming and ultra-clean ventilation do not mix: an investigation of theatre ventilation, patient warming and joint replacement infection in orthopaedics.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 1537-1544
Shirozu K, Takamori S, Setoguchi H, Yamaura K. Effects of forced air warming systems on the airflow and sanitation quality of operating rooms with non-laminar airflow systems. [e-pub ahead of print]. Perioper Care Oper Room Manag. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pcorm.2020.100119, accessed July 18, 2020.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
Contribution: All authors helped review the literature and write the manuscript, and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Funding: The authors received support from an educational research fund of the Operating Rooms in Kyushu University Hospital.