- •Nursing leadership is an essential component of the care environment.
- •Nursing leadership can promote improvements in care delivery.
- •Effective nursing leadership enhances the practice of infection prevention.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Healthcare-associated Infections. 2018. HAI data. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/hai/data/index.html. Accessed April 4, 2020
- Development of the practice environment scale of the nursing work index.Res Nurs Health. 2002; 25: 176-188
- Changes in patient and nurse outcomes associated with Magnet hospital recognition.Med Care. 2015; 53: 550-557
- Maximizing the benefit of quality improvement activities: a spread of innovations model.J Nurs Care Qual. 2020; 35: 199-205
- What US hospitals are currently doing to prevent common device-associated infections: results from a national survey.BMJ Qual Saf. 2019; 28: 741-749
- Implementation of a nurse-driven CAUTI prevention algorithm.Nurs Clin. 2019; 54: 81-96
- Changing practice, saving lives.Nurs Manage. 2018; 49: 12-16
- Incorporation of leadership rounds in CAUTI prevention efforts.J Nurs Care Qual. 2017; 32: 318-323
- How to prevent CAUTIs.Nurs Manage. 2009; 40: 50-52
- Development of the hospital nurse surveillance capacity profile.Res Nurs Health. 2009; 32: 217-228
Conflicts of interest: None to report.