- •Bacterial counts on hands after hand hygiene do not differ from nonsterile gloves.
- •The filling level of glove boxes does not influence contamination rates of gloves.
- •Contamination of nonsterile gloves is independent of the position of the glove box.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Misuse of gloves: the foundation for poor compliance with hand hygiene and potential for microbial transmission?.J Hosp Infect. 2004; 57: 162-169
- A controlled trial of universal gloving versus contact precautions for preventing the transmission of multidrug-resistant organisms.Am J Infect Control. 2007; 35: 650-655
- Effect of Glove Decontamination on Bacterial Contamination of Healthcare Personnel Hands.Clin Infect Dis Off Publ Infect Dis Soc Am. 2019; 69 (Suppl): S224-S227
- The misuse and overuse of non-sterile gloves: application of an audit tool to define the problem.J Infect Prev. 2015; 16: 24-31
- Healthcare workers’ compliance with glove use and the effect of glove use on hand hygiene compliance.Br J Infect Control. 2006; 7: 15-19
- The dirty hand in the latex glove”: a study of hand hygiene compliance when gloves are worn.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 1194-1199
- Can the design of glove dispensing boxes influence glove contamination?.J Hosp Infect. 2016; 94: 259-262
- Bacterial contamination of nonsterile disposable gloves before use.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 128-130
- Bacterial contamination of unused, disposable non-sterile gloves on a hospital orthopaedic ward.Australas Med J. 2013; 6: 331-338
- Is the use of boxed gloves in an intensive care unit safe?.Am J Med. 1993; 94: 602-607
- Safe Injection Global Network. WHO best practices for injections and related procedures toolkit. 2010;
- Compliance with hand hygiene and glove change in a general hospital, Mashhad, Iran: An observational study.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e221-e223
- Dynamics of bacterial hand contamination during routine neonatal care.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 192-197
- Bacterial contamination of the hands of hospital staff during routine patient care.Arch Intern Med. 1999 26; 159: 821-826
- Effectiveness of gloves in the prevention of hand carriage of vancomycin-resistant enterococcus species by health care workers after patient care.Clin Infect Dis Off Publ Infect Dis Soc Am. 2001; 32: 826-829
- Design of a new non-sterile glove-dispensing unit to reduce touch-based contamination.Australas Med J. 2014; 7: 171-174
- The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on hand hygiene performance in hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2021; 49: 30-33