Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Reukers, Asten V, Brandsema, Dijkstra, Donker, Gageldonk-Lafeber V, et al. Annual report surveillance of influenza and other respiratory infections in the Netherlands: winter 2017/2018 [Internet]. 2018. Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10029/622145. Accessed June 3, 2021.
- Complications of viral influenza.Am J Med. 2008; 121: 258-264
- Accuracy of rapid influenza diagnostic tests: a meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 500-511
- Diagnostic accuracy and cost analysis of the AlereTM i Influenza A&B near-patient test using throat swabs.J Hosp Infect [Internet]. 2017; 97301309
- Comparison of the simplexa flua/b & rsv direct assay and laboratory-developed real-time pcr assays for detection of respiratory virus.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 3883-3885
- The impact of point-of-care testing for influenza A and B on patient flow and management in a medical assessment unit of a general hospital.BMC Res Notes [Internet]. 2020; 13: 1-5
- Direct detection of influenza A and B viruses in less than 20 minutes using a commercially available rapid PCR Assay.J Clin Microbiol. 2015; 53: 2353-2354
- Comparison of the ID now influenza A & B 2, cobas influenza A/B, and xpert xpress flu point-of-care nucleic acid amplification tests for influenza A/B virus detection in children.J Clin Microbiol. 2020; 58: 1-7
- Implementation of influenza point-of-care testing and patient cohorting during a high-incidence season: a retrospective analysis of impact on infection prevention and control and clinical outcomes.J Hosp Infect. 2019; 101: 276-284
- Point of care testing of Influenza A/B and RSV in an adult respiratory assessment unit is associated with improvement in isolation practices and reduction in hospital length of stay.J Med Microbiol. 2020; 69: 697-704
- Impact of a PCR point of care test for influenza A/B on an acute medical unit in a large UK teaching hospital: Results of an observational, pre and post intervention study.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2019; 8: 1-8
- Molecular point-of-care testing for respiratory viruses versus routine clinical care in adults with acute respiratory illness presenting to secondary care: A pragmatic randomised controlled trial protocol (ResPOC).BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 1-8
- The impact of rapid molecular diagnostic testing for respiratory viruses on outcomes for emergency department patients.Med J Aust. 2019; 210: 316-320
- Implementation of point-of-care testing and a temporary influenza ward in a Dutch hospital.Neth J Med. 2019; 77: 109-115
- Multiplex PCR point of care testing versus routine, laboratory-based testing in the treatment of adults with respiratory tract infections: A quasi-randomised study assessing impact on length of stay and antimicrobial use.BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 1-11
- Clinical decision making in the emergency department setting using rapid PCR: Results of the CLADE study group.J Clin Virol. 2018; 102: 42-49
- Correction to: Economic and operational impact of an improved pathway using rapid molecular diagnostic testing for patients with influenza-like illness in a German emergency department.J Clin Monit Comput. 2019; 33 (1129-11. J Clin Monit Comput. 2019;33(6): 1147
- Impact of molecular point-of-care testing on clinical management and in-hospital costs of patients suspected of influenza or RSV infection: a modeling study.J Med Virol. 2019; 91: 1408-1414
- Impact of rapid influenza PCR testing on hospitalization and antiviral use: a retrospective cohort study.J Med Virol. 2015; 87: 2021-2026
- RespiFinder: A new multiparameter test to differentially identify fifteen respiratory viruses.J Clin Microbiol. 2008; 46: 1232-1240
Copan, Innovating Together™, Eswab®, Available at: https://products.copangroup.com/index.php/products/clinical/eswab. Accessed June 3, 2021.
Conflict of interest: All authors declare there are no financial relationships with any organizations that might have an interest in the submitted work and no other relationships or activities that could appear to have influenced the submitted work. None of the authors have any conflict of interest.