- •Carbapenem and anti-MRSA antibiotic intervention showed 89.7% favorable outcome.
- •Carbapenem and anti-MRSA antibiotic intervention could reduce the antibiotic uses.
- •Discontinuation and de-escalation of antibiotics did not worsen clinical outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- An institutional review of antimicrobial stewardship interventions.J Glob Antimicrob Resist. 2016; 6: 75-77
- The relationship between antimicrobial resistance and patient outcomes: mortality, length of hospital stay, and health care costs.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 42: S82-S89
- Hospital and societal costs of antimicrobial-resistant infections in a Chicago teaching hospital: implications for antibiotic stewardship.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 49: 1175-1184
- Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: 159-177
- Implementing an antibiotic stewardship program: guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: e51-e77
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs in health care systems.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2005; 18: 638-656
- Outcome measurement of extensive implementation of antimicrobial stewardship in patients receiving intravenous antibiotics in a Japanese university hospital.Int J Clin Pract. 2012; 66: 999-1008
- Antibiotic optimization. An evaluation of patient safety and economic outcomes.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 1689-1694
- Antimicrobial stewardship program directed at broad-spectrum intravenous antibiotics prescription in a tertiary hospital.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009; 28: 1447-1456
- Long-term effects of an antimicrobial stewardship programme at a tertiary-care teaching hospital.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015; 4: 262-267
- A hospital wide intervention program to optimize the quality of antibiotic use: impact on prescribing practice, antibiotic consumption, cost savings, and bacterial resistance.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 37: 180-186
- Prospective audit for antimicrobial stewardship in intensive care: impact on resistance and clinical outcomes.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 526-529
- Decreased resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa with restriction of ciprofloxacin in a large teaching hospital's intensive care and intermediate care units.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2012; 33: 368-373
- Controlling use of antimicrobials in a community teaching hospital.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 239-244
- Effects of requiring prior authorization for selected antimicrobials: expenditures, susceptibilities, and clinical outcomes.Clin Infect Dis. 1997; 25: 230-239
- Impact of an antimicrobial stewardship programme on patient safety in Singapore General Hospital.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2012; 40: 55-60
- Impact of computerized pre-authorization of broad spectrum antibiotics in Pseudomonas aeruginosa at a children's hospital in Japan.J Infect Chemother. 2016; 22: 532-535
- Concurrent antibiotic review programs—a role for infectious diseases specialists at small community hospitals.Clin Infect Dis. 2003; 37: 742-743
- Is the “low-hanging fruit” worth picking for antimicrobial stewardship programs?.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 55: 587-592
- Outcomes associated with a thrice-weekly antimicrobial stewardship programme in a 253-bed community hospital.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2013; 38: 401-404
- Meropenem antimicrobial stewardship program: clinical, economic, and antibiotic resistance impact.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2019; 38: 161-170
- The impact of earlier intervention by an antimicrobial stewardship team for specific antimicrobials in a single weekly intervention.Int J Infect Dis. 2018; 77: 34-39
- The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy.48th ed. Antimicrobial Therapy, Vermont2018
- The Japanese guidelines for the management of sepsis.J Intensive Care. 2014; 2: 55
- Outcome measurement of the review system for appropriate use of antimicrobial injections in all inpatients established by the infection control team.Iryo Yakugaku. 2012; 38: 273-281
- De-escalation of antimicrobials in the treatment of bacteraemia due to antibiotic-sensitive pathogens in immunocompetent patients.Infection. 2011; 39: 319-325
Conflict of Interest: All authors have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.