- •The job analysis, while administered during the Pandemic confirmed tasks were well covered in the exam.
- •The results also highlighted the focus on emergency preparedness.
- •Respondents included a larger proportion of those practicing in public health and long-term care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Core competencies for infection prevention and control professionals.World Health Organization, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed July 20, 2021)
CBIC. Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. Home page; 2019. Available at: www.cbic.org. Accessed July 20, 2021.
Institute for Credentialing Excellence. NCCA Accreditation. Available at:https://www.credentialingexcellence.org/Accreditation/Earn-Accreditation/NCCA. Accessed July 20, 2021.
Prometric. 2021. Available at: https://www.prometric.com. Accessed July 20, 2021.
Dean AG, Sullivan KM, Soe MM. OpenEpi: Open Source Epidemiologic Statistics for Public Health, Version 3.01. Updated April 6, 2013. Available at: www.openepi.com/Menu/OEMenu.htm. Accessed July 20, 2021.
Conflict of Interest: None to report.