- •UV-LED has recently been introduced as a potential alternative to traditional UV light.
- •Germicidal UV-LED may decrease environmental contamination near the operative field.
- •This technology has the potential to decrease periprosthetic joint infection.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Operating-room airflow technology and infection prevention.J Bone Joint Surg Am Vol. 2018; 100: 795-804
- Contamination relative to the activation timing of filtered-exhaust helmets.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 776-780
- Reduction of particles in the operating room using ultraviolet air disinfection and recirculation units.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: S196-S200
- Influence of a total joint infection control bundle on surgical site infection rates.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: 239-241
- Current concepts for clean air and total joint arthroplasty: laminar airflow and ultraviolet radiation: a systematic review.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 945-953
- Do “Surgical Helmet Systems” or “Body Exhaust Suits” affect contamination and deep infection rates in arthroplasty? A systematic review.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 225-233
- General assembly, prevention, operating room environment: proceedings of international consensus on orthopedic infections.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S105-SS15
- Is the pulsed xenon ultraviolet light no-touch disinfection system effective on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the absence of manual cleaning?.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 878-881
- Evaluation of a pulsed xenon ultraviolet disinfection system for reduction of healthcare-associated pathogens in hospital rooms.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015; 36: 192-197
- Evaluating the impact of LED bulb development on the economic viability of ultraviolet technology for disinfection.Environ Technol. 2014; 35: 400-406
- Application of ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (UV-LEDs) for water disinfection: a review.Water Res. 2016; 94: 341-349
- Mechanisms investigation on bacterial inactivation through combinations of UV wavelengths.Water Res. 2019; 163114875
- Time effectiveness of Ultraviolet C Light (UVC) emitted by Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) in reducing stethoscope contamination.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016; 13: 940
- A new UV-LED device for automatic disinfection of stethoscope membranes.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: e61-e66
- Bactericidal ultraviolet radiation in the operating room. Twenty-nine-year study for control of infections.J Am Med Assoc. 1960; 172: 1019-1028
- Ultraviolet lighting during orthopaedic surgery and the rate of infection.J Bone Joint Surg Am Vol. 2007; 89: 1935-1940
Conflicts of interest: None to report.